Woods cues???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Does he sell cues direct on here or do you have to contact him through eBay ?
    Not sure I could ask him if you wanted.

Comment

I keep an eye on his stuff on eBay, but thought it would be easier if I could say to him, if you get one in, in these specs give me a shout, save me looking all the time.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Woods cues???

I believe cuedos recently joined TSF
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          I believe cuedos recently joined TSF
          I saw he had joined Dean, that's why I'm wondering if he's going to be selling on here as well, he's not got much on eBay at the moment only a couple of cues , and a handful of cases.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I only sell a small percentage of my cues on Ebay - I normally have 30-40 cues in at any one time.

Just drop me a message if you are after anything

Regards

Garry

Comment

Originally Posted by Cuedos View Post
              I only sell a small percentage of my cues on Ebay - I normally have 30-40 cues in at any one time.

Just drop me a message if you are after anything

Regards

Garry
              Purchased a one piece case from you Great ! a real bargain at the price the fact that item was sent with tracking number and delivered on day requested was a great help ! (a boon for those of us who find it hard to be at home on certain days for delivery) the fact that you have sort of GONE PUBLIC on Snooker Forum fills me with confidence for any future purchase pity you dont do any other items tips,chalk e.c.t. merchandise we could Trust ! there are so many rip of merchants out there that someone who is UP FRONT on Snooker Forum would be a refreshing change, keep up the good work P/S Tell us a little about you actual Snooker I am sure members would be interested.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words . I started selling cues about 25 years ago and have been selling on ebay for the last 15 years or so. I started importing them before that and quality left a lot to be desired. It was sought of a hobby to make some pocket money but after being made redundant a while back, I decided to do it properly. I sell most of my stuff direct to clubs and players and only a percentage goes on Ebay. I could play a bit too at one time and this helps in identifying decent playing characteristics in cues. I now spend most of my time trying to convince people that there's no need to spend hundreds to get a good playing cue.
                As far as service goes, I have always tried to treat people the same as I like to be treated.
                Heres an old article about when I could play a bit ...LOL
                http://www.droitwichadvertiser.co.uk...Record_broken/

Comment

Thanks for the kind words . I started selling cues about 25 years ago and have been selling on ebay for the last 15 years or so. I started importing them before that and quality left a lot to be desired. It was sought of a hobby to make some pocket money but after being made redundant a while back, I decided to do it properly. I sell most of my stuff direct to clubs and players and only a percentage goes on Ebay. I could play a bit too at one time and this helps in identifying decent playing characteristics in cues. I now spend most of my time trying to convince people that there's no need to spend hundreds to get a good playing cue.
                  As far as service goes, I have always tried to treat people the same as I like to be treated.
                  Fair play to you!

is it just woods cues that you sell?
                  http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

BRILLIANT POST ! You must be proud of that record "Do unto others as you would wish done unto you" pity others dont follow that doctrine.

Comment

Hello Cuedos
                      Just have to ask, is there any difference in the woods cue I bought on ebay from them you sell? I bought this one
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2515147570...84.m1439.l2649
                      Rgards/Ronnie

Comment

Originally Posted by bradwight View Post
                        I've never owned a Woods cue but regularly service a few and they look to be quite decent. All spliced with real wood, no paint! As for being a decent starter cue, two of the lads I service them for are international pool players who can perform wonders with their Woods cues. Remember, its all down to ability not the cue!

All the Woods cues I've seen have had an oil finish, no varnish or lacquer like you often get with cheap Chinese cues. Id definitely consider buying one id ut wasn't for the fact that I've got several dozen decent playing cues already!
                        Sorry but this is not true. All woods cues I have owned start with a lacquer finish.

Back dating a year or two now, I had an email from kent regarding the finish saying no oil, lacquer only.

Also painted butts on the two star range, my experience is it has legimate splicing undereath but usually a cheaper less attractive wood but sometimes get lucky.

With a proper finish and tip, woods cues are superb value.
                        Last edited by jaffa.johnson; 16 May 2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                          Fair play to you!

is it just woods cues that you sell?
                          Hi, no I sell all sorts . I deal with all your well known cues too but most of them don't get onto ebay

Regards

Garry

Comment

Originally Posted by ronfor0603 View Post
                            Hello Cuedos
                            Just have to ask, is there any difference in the woods cue I bought on ebay from them you sell? I bought this one
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2515147570...84.m1439.l2649
                            Rgards/Ronnie
                            Hi Ronnie, yes the only difference now is that there a 2 ranges from Woods. The basic one with the Wodds Hand Made badge and the higher quality 3 star range. The 3 star range tend to be better spliced and definitely have higher quality shafts. Saying that they are all playable cues and I have seen a lot worse for 5 times the price !

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                              Sorry but this is not true. All woods cues I have owned start with a lacquer finish.

Back dating a year or two now, I had an email from kent regarding the finish saying no oil, lacquer only.

Also painted butts on the two star range, my experience is it has legimate splicing undereath but usually a cheaper less attractive wood but sometimes get lucky.

Yeah my old 3 star woods cue had a laquered butt as well. Decent cues for the money but not sure if these arnt brown ebony butts that have been stained black then laquered over the top.
                              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post

What does that mean? Painted butt. Are you saying that it is nothing more than ash and then have them painted the cue to make it look like other woods?
                                /Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                                X