• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Glover or Jason Owen

Hi

I am deciding to order a handmade cue
    both of these cue makers are under my consideration
    I found that both of them has good reputation and make stunning cues
    what's your comment about them and which one will you choose when you buy a cue?

i wouldn't buy a cue unless i could try it first

Comment

A while back I would of said a Glover hands down but after playing with both i would now say jason owen, but if you've got the funds then trevor white.

Comment

And the time to wait for tw cuw leo. Does owen now make his own cues or still use part made asian cues? They do look the business.

Comment

Jason Owen waiting list is now 6 months.
          "Practice Makes Perfect"
          "He Who Endures Conquers"
          "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

Tony Glover or Jason Owen

Tony & Jason both produce nice cues with a similar wait time of between 3-6 months. Jason has really impressed me with his use of exotic woods and orientating the grain to get some really great looking splices. I personally went with Tony as I was after a twin cue for my hickory shafted TG pool cue on this occasion and so far the wait has been four months.

You shouldn't be disappointed whichever you choose so have fun designing and let us know what and who you go for
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
              And the time to wait for tw cuw leo. Does owen now make his own cues or still use part made asian cues? They do look the business.
              jason don't use part Asian cues but im sure he's had a little tinkle in them at some point before like many cue makers out there except white of course

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                jason don't use part Asian cues but im sure he's had a little tinkle in them at some point before like many cue makers out there except white of course
                Yes, I'm sure that's why he changed his website for more transparency.

He may source shafts from abroad, but does the rest himself.

Comment

everybody uses shafts from north america the only question is in what form and from where do they buy them, this old story aside both will produce you a stunning cue!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Both these Cue Makers have produced some stunning Cues, Tony Glover has been going for a very long time with Great Reputation in making Replica Old Cues and New Cue but this doesnt mean a Tony Glover Cue is better for you as you may find a Jason Owen Shaft/Cue suits you better.
                    When people come to me to Buy a Cue and says that one looks stunning i say go and try these few out as what suits one person may not suit another as everybody is Different!

My Advice would be if you can "Try Before You Buy" do so as i have found out in the last 30yrs what looks the better cue doesnt always work out like that and doesnt suit yourself.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by chamkey View Post
                    Hi

I am deciding to order a handmade cue
                    both of these cue makers are under my consideration
                    I found that both of them has good reputation and make stunning cues
                    what's your comment about them and which one will you choose when you buy a cue?

Comment

Not so long ago I bought 2 one piece cues at the same time. Both were of very similar specs. When they arrived one looked absolutely gorgeous with amboyna burl splices etc. a real eye catcher and I struggled to pick fault with it quality wise.

The 2nd was also a lovely cue with a natural oil finish. one splice a bit off and not an eye catcher like the other one. I perservered with both over several weeks and so wanted the eye catcher to be the better cue of the 2. Unfortunately it just never felt balance or right where as the other was superb so that was the one I kept.

Said I wouldnt buy another cue again as I was happy with that cue ................. then this came up for offer http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...=42547&page=26
                      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

what looks the better cue doesnt always work out like that and doesnt suit yourself.
                        This should be posted on every thread comparing cues on here.

Comment

I have a Tony Glover cue for snooker made to my spec. Outstanding. One of the best snooker cues I have ever picked up. 58", 18oz, 9.5mm tip. Solid reputation for snooker cues.
                          I have a Jason Owen, No 102. Made to my spec for 8 ball pool. Outstanding. A work of art and a great playing cue. 58", 16oz, 8.5mm. If you want something creative, then he's very good.
                          I have a Cuecraft cue made personally by Steve Grice who is now independant and can be found online. Awesome playing cue. 58", 15.5oz, 8.5mm tip. Huge amount of experience and workmanship is superb.

Having dealt with all 3, I wouldn't have any hesitation in returning to any of them. I know it doesn't help much, but you wouldn't make a mistake going to any of them. They all created exactly what I asked for.

Comment

Working...
                          X