3/4 cue joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 cue joint

what is the difference between a 14" jointed cue or 16" jointed cue?

does it affects the balance of the cue?

also when choosing the cue, for me i understand that the feedback from a cue is the vibration you feel in your grip hand. but will this vibration affect the cue strike since the ball doesn't leave the cue tip immediately.

or i am wrong about the concept of the feedback thing?

i was trying out a cue just now at my snooker hall. and the shaft was stiffer then my john parris classic. but i notice it had a special cue tip. which looks like a hard tip. could be the hall owner fixed the tip on and used it to play when he is free. because the other cues on sale had soft spongy tip. the cue i was testing is a mastercue rocket.

i have tried 2 cues before. one is the mastercue 147 and this mastercue rocket.

the difference of spec is the rocket is heavier then the 147 by 0.5oz. but i do feel the weight difference when holding the cue. 147 jointed at 16 inch while rocket jointed at 14 inch and of course the spongy original tip on the 147

i am now confuse because i worried that the stiffer rocket cue feels stiff only because of the better tip.and not because of the shaft

I take it that you are considering which cue to buy? If so, I'd suggest you go for the one that you feel more comfortable playing with. You can always change the tip.... well, you can always change your cue too, but it's a lot more costlier than changing tips...
    Last edited by damienlch; 13 May 2014, 02:28 PM.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Hi damienlch. No actually I am considerding if I should change cue or not.

I was trying to say that what make the shaft of the rocket feel stiffer than my jp classic is it because of the tip? Since the tip of the rocket is different from those original tip that came with the rest of the mastercues on display

Comment

Working...
      X