Deflection Throw Squirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deflection Throw Squirt

Having read Acuerates claims on their website I was skeptical to say the least. Okay I admit it, I did not know one cue could throw more than another. My laymans logic told me that if you set up a robot to hit the white in exactly the same way then if the tip used was identical and the shafts had the simlar amount of stiffness all cues would send the white on the same path.

Having just googled this threads title I'm not so much sceptical as confused, theres so much info out there its a minefield. Apparently it's the first few inches of a shaft that accounts for the difference more than anything else, at least thats what these independent testers say: http://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_deflect.php. What though is so different in those few inches?

As for Acuerates claims, maybe there's something in them after all but I'd be much more convinced if there tests were independently made. One thing though I think I can explain why say Peter Ebdon was so impressed yet still uses his old cue, He's had it 20 years or so and his brain compensates
    for its throw automatically now. Changing to a low throw shaft now would perhaps in his view mean he'd need years of playing with it to automatically compensate less.

The point with these shafts is that none of them actually eliminate throw - they reduce it but you still have to compensate.

I recently contacted Acuerate regarding there cue as I was interested in how it was manufactured.

The best low-throw technology comes from Predator in the States and their system uses a pie lamination technique. The idea behind it is that the shaft moves on contact rather than the cue ball.

Just don't know how it would work with a snooker cue, has anyone tried one?
    Watch Exclusive Snooker Live & On Demand
    Freeview Snooker TV channel

Comment

Cant remember if it was this forum or the uk8ball one where a snooker player was raving about his improvement once he used a modified pedator. Modified in that he had personally altered the shaft to fit a 10mm tip opposed to the bigger standard pool tip it came with. Doubts were cast in the thread that Predator would make a snooker shaft for both possible and commercial reasons.
      Having read a fair bit more I reckon as some pool players showed there are as many shots where throw is useful as there are where its not so it's all down to personal choice I suppose.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity
        Having read Acuerates claims on their website I was skeptical to say the least. Okay I admit it, I did not know one cue could throw more than another. My laymans logic told me that if you set up a robot to hit the white in exactly the same way then if the tip used was identical and the shafts had the simlar amount of stiffness all cues would send the white on the same path.

Having just googled this threads title I'm not so much sceptical as confused, theres so much info out there its a minefield. Apparently it's the first few inches of a shaft that accounts for the difference more than anything else, at least thats what these independent testers say: http://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_deflect.php. What though is so different in those few inches?

As for Acuerates claims, maybe there's something in them after all but I'd be much more convinced if there tests were independently made. One thing though I think I can explain why say Peter Ebdon was so impressed yet still uses his old cue, He's had it 20 years or so and his brain compensates
        for its throw automatically now. Changing to a low throw shaft now would perhaps in his view mean he'd need years of playing with it to automatically compensate less.
        Acuerate cue review now up in a new thread.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
        X