No announcement yet.

Brand new Trevor White cue on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have asked folks to calm down - you do all know that i am actually technically a moderator right?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• No I didn't ADR but ok I'll stop now I don't think I've said anything over the top but sfmcar has the tact of Nigel Farage. I'm not going to take abuse or criticism without giving my response and if people don't like it then they shouldn't give it.

Comment

• It has got something to do with me as I am an active member here and have been for a couple of years, recently when I log in and go to new posts or activity stream page all the posts are from you or people arguing with you due to your strange posts recently. To be honest you have only been here for 3 months, you have posted little to contribute to this forum and recently you have been inconsiderate by posting things on other members sale threads and talking about things you clearly don't understand properly just because your cue didn't sell for enough money on eBay and you seem annoyed or surprised people are willing pay what they do for 1 piece Trevor white cues.
        It's just simply supply and demand, let me explain a little further for you: there are members here who love snooker and also adore snooker cues, some are buyers and some are sellers but almost all of us know Trevor White prices. The reason we are willing to buy, or sell them for more is due to the fact that Trevor makes some of the greatest cues in the world and he is currently not taking orders. Even when he was taking orders the waiting list was 18 months and his communication via email can be sporadic, so simply people are paying to avoid the waiting list, just like people who pay £1000-1500 for a John Parris ultimate when brand new they are £756-950 but the waiting list for a 1 piece ultimate is 24-30 months so people are willing to pay over the odds even knowing the price as it's on the Parris cues website if you try their cuebuilder section.
        Another thing you are not factoring in to the equation is specs, specs are very important. Your cue didn't have popular specs and also it was a 3/4 cue so it sold for less than you expected it would. If your cue had been 1 piece 9.5mm and 18oz I will guarantee it will have sold for more even with your lack of feedback on eBay. That also played a part as you don't have much feedback on eBay but anyway this is all irrelevant now as you have sold your cue and you should be happy.
        What I would like now is for you to allow other members to sell their cues and you should only really post on their thread if you are interested in buying the cue
        77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

• yes to be honest , your cue is not bad looking at all, if it's a one piece and the tip is a bit bigger, I definitely bought it for more than £550 last week. I think if you bring the cue back to Trevor and shorten it a little in order to make the tip bigger, the cue will be sold by a better price, sorry it's just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally Posted by dan226 View Post
            yes to be honest , your cue is not bad looking at all, if it's a one piece and the tip is a bit bigger, I definitely bought it for more than £550 last week. I think if you bring the cue back to Trevor and shorten it a little in order to make the tip bigger, the cue will be sold by a better price, sorry it's just my opinion.
            Ok mate appreciate the feedback and advice cheers

Comment

• I think you're all being a bit harsh on Wayne here, he just didn't understand what was happening and his pride has made him make a few replies he shouldn't.

The fact is, nothing is a guaranteed profit, especially, as mentioned earlier with slightly unusual specs. I play with cues with unusual specs and always have a decision to make regarding the cost of alterations. By which I mean the reduction in the value of the cue.

For me, at the moment Wayne is a trader to avoid but not due to dishonesty or badness, once he gains a bit more knowledge am sure things will get on to an even keel. Certainly failing to fulfill ones obligations is a big negative. If ADR can't break even on every cue, who can?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                I think you're all being a bit harsh on Wayne here, he just didn't understand what was happening and his pride has made him make a few replies he shouldn't.

The fact is, nothing is a guaranteed profit, especially, as mentioned earlier with slightly unusual specs. I play with cues with unusual specs and always have a decision to make regarding the cost of alterations. By which I mean the reduction in the value of the cue.

For me, at the moment Wayne is a trader to avoid but not due to dishonesty or badness, once he gains a bit more knowledge am sure things will get on to an even keel. Certainly failing to fulfill ones obligations is a big negative. If ADR can't break even on every cue, who can?

I would agree that people are being harsh towards Wayne, but in fairness, he has prompted much of the feedback he has received and has done little to cultivate a friendly attitude from others in some of the threads he's posted in. There are lessons within this of course, but whether anyone takes them on board is another matter. Wayne is not a bad guy at all, but as a new visitor to TSF, perhaps a little more diplomacy would have been advisable in order to get others on his side.

Comment

• Agreed Trev, posts like this

Originally Posted by Whirlwind Wayne View Post
                  Tell someone who cares mate no one is going to get one over on me I'd be losing almost £100
                  And this

Originally Posted by Whirlwind Wayne View Post
                  I'll find a way around it already onto it actually
                  Just make him seem dishonest and a bad loser, which is probably not the case.

Comment

Working...
                  X