Cue maintenance - finishing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue maintenance - finishing..

Is p5000 a good choice to use for a cue's finish? ( I already use wire wool 0000 ).

Thank you in advance.

Cue maintenance - finishing..

the finest I have is 3000 paper which is good enough for minor repairs but always you need to refinish (oil etc.).
    be interested in others views
    also I have a thin strip of 3000 in my case for those little tuffs you can get on the tip, great to remove the tuff without reshaping the leather.
    Last edited by DeanH; 13 May 2014, 09:13 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

400 to finish my cue and then never use sand paper on it again, oil, burnish with cardboard

Comment

Betterware Antique Furniture Polish, wipe on with paper towel, wipe off the excess with a cotton cloth, leave overnight and buff with a polishing mop on a bench grinder.
        Cue is thirty years old now and still dead straight with a natural antique patina in the grain.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies.. Will give that a try Vmax.. Thanks man

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            Betterware Antique Furniture Polish, wipe on with paper towel, wipe off the excess with a cotton cloth, leave overnight and buff with a polishing mop on a bench grinder.
            Cue is thirty years old now and still dead straight with a natural antique patina in the grain.
            Is that product available anymore?

I found these links, but not sure

http://www.betterware.co.uk/luxury-w...ish-250ml.html
            http://www.betterware.co.uk/balsam-f...re-polish.html
            Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
            My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

i use 1500/2000 grit paper in between coats of oil then buff it with a micro fibre cloth ( £1 for pack of 10 in home bargains ). Keep it going until you can feel the heat of the friction on your hand and it brings out a lovely finish. Smooth as a babies bottom, no blemishes. May be different for ash though as mine is a maple.

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                The Balsam one would be the product available now, my tin is twenty years old and I've only used half of it as it's only for my cue that I polish once a year.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  The Balsam one would be the product available now, my tin is twenty years old and I've only used half of it as it's only for my cue that I polish once a year.
                  you'll have to put that can in your will

Comment

Working...
                  X