Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cue oil to not leave a golden colour ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
    I meant shake'n'vac!
    You guys been on the pop? Lol

Comment

Teak oil is also an option

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
        danish oil
        Jim, have you ever used danish oil??I heard he was diluted with tptine and that can be harmful to the shaft. and that he stinks after use on the shaft. I ask this because I was planning to use it for my cue. I could use some more information about this.!!!! I appreciate it. ( If you have time for a replay ) . Many thanks.

Comment

I used danish oil on a shaft that I didn't want to colour once. It was fine for not colouring the shaft, but I did find it dried a little bit like it had a slightly laquered finish. I had to give it a good rub with fine wire wool after a few days to get it to look and feel better.

Used pure raw linseed oil for years which gives that nice warm oiled feel to the shaft (tho does colour it) The danish seemed to dry with a bit of a surface coating that needed removing after it dried.
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
            Jim, have you ever used danish oil??I heard he was diluted with tptine and that can be harmful to the shaft. and that he stinks after use on the shaft. I ask this because I was planning to use it for my cue. I could use some more information about this.!!!! I appreciate it. ( If you have time for a replay ) . Many thanks.
            Ive always mixed oils with some pure turpentine and its never done any harm smells nice too imo!

Comment

@Maverick54 and @Stejohn,, Many thanks for the info.

I read the same story on the Internet. People who used it for furniture or other wooden items. I was curious, What kind of effect will that have on the shaft ( ASH ) !!!. like Maverick said , linseed oil seems better. I'm going to try MW cue oil.. ( I think it is the same as linseed oil ,,, not sure yet, never tried it ).

Comment

Working...
              X