Red glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red glue

Saw some cue selling post that emphasize the cue is a "red glue" cue..........

is it something special for a cue? heard that "red glue" cue is usually old cue, is old cue a better one than a new one in terms of playability?

thanks

Originally Posted by stardust2011 View Post
    is old cue a better one than a new one in terms of playability?

thanks
    I can't answer the red glue question but relative to playability. The answer is no.

Comment

I was under the impression that Parris used to use red glue but doesn't any more, I haven't heard red glue being mentioned about other manufacturers as a selling point.

I think the insinuation is that he would have more to do with making an old red glue cue than a new cue made in his factory with him being more hands off thus more desirable.

I don't know that is totally accurate or not, I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be able to confirm/deny this.

Comment

JP used a certain glue that left red marks at the joins of the splices, he stopped using it about 2006/7.
        Some people say that red glue cues are "rare" - they are not.
        Some people say that red glue cues are "definitely" made by JP himself - not true.
        Not seen where people mention playability purely because of the Red glue itself, as we know playability is subjective and varies by cue by cue. maybe the glue has a factor but I would think it is probably a very small factor.
        The only thing the red glue indicates is that the cue was made at/and before the approx. dates mentioned above, and that is all.

North West cues used to have red glue and I have seen some ads mentioning the "red" as a selling point.
        I am sure there could be other makes that used the same glue but not heard of any
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Mate, it's not really too bigger deal. Yes, Mr Parris used to use red glue for the splices, as did Kevin Muncaster at Northwest. All it really denotes is that the cue is older. It doesn't mean John Parris himself made it as he has employed people for quite some time and certainly when he was using the red glue. Some purchasers will hunt or pay over the top for red glue, feel it more collectable, but playability really matters not. Parris still make some top class cues as always. Hope this helps.

Comment

Said it before and I will say it again

The 'red glue' is the result of John Parris personally taking a cue to bed with him for the night and is believed to come from the dye of his red silk pyjamas

I can't help but feel that the 'red glue' is a bit of a 'red herring' as people seem to believe it is a sign of Mr Parris' very own craft but it doesn't guarantee anything at all.
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              ...I am sure there could be other makes that used the same glue but not heard of any
              My Welsh Pool Trading cue had red glue on the splices, i later learned it was actually made by Master Craft

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                My Welsh Pool Trading cue had red glue on the splices, i later learned it was actually made by Master Craft
                interesting, cheers
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Red glue Parris cues are so rare it's getting harder to spot a listing that DOESNT mention red glue

Comment

the red glue is actually plum sauce as all early Parris cues were mass produced in China.
                    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                      the red glue is actually plum sauce as all early Parris cues were mass produced in China.
                      Thought they still were

Comment

Originally Posted by stardust2011 View Post
                        Saw some cue selling post that emphasize the cue is a "red glue" cue..........

is it something special for a cue? heard that "red glue" cue is usually old cue, is old cue a better one than a new one in terms of playability?

thanks
                        Imo the older parris cues are far superior to the ones he's turning out now

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                          Imo the older parris cues are far superior to the ones he's turning out now
                          Not a parris fan. I think for the money there are tons of cues better than his older or newer models. However I agree his older ones tend to play much better than newer ones

Comment

played with both. no difference. people only mention the red glue in the hope someones silly enough to pay a little extra for it. so who wouldnt give a mention.
                            2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

I've got a north west RED GLUE cue if anyones interested? £400?????
                              2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X