No announcement yet.

another H&O, please comment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so hard to find the right cue, I did have my hope up for this one as it look so right:'(
    a bad player who love cues

Comment

Originally Posted by desso View Post
      Breaking news, the cue is from the OTHER hhnt and obyrne company. It has a certificate dated 2012..........
      So case closed:'(
      Extra photos added
      http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/de...%20H%20and%20O
      with that joint that really does look the part eh. worrying because at least without having it in your hand and just looking at photos that could fly on ebay!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It's so hard to find the right cue, I did have my hope up for this one as it look so right:'(
        How much was it ??

Comment

I talked to the ower and he paid hkd7000 for it 2-3 years ago. He trusted the shop fully and have no idea what he brought. As far as I know and can research from internet , there should be quite a few similar cues sold in HK............

Comment

I talked to the ower and he paid hkd7000 for it 2-3 years ago. He trusted the shop fully and have no idea what he brought. As far as I know and can research from internet , there should be quite a few similar cues sold in HK............
            That's £536 in our money, from the price he should of known it was not an original one as they go for far higher (for some reason)

Comment

Does the certificate look the same as a genuine one (apart from the 2012 date)?
              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Is that a fake cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                  Did you get one with an original cue ???

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                    I have no idea how the orginal look, you can see the 2012 version from my link:-)

Comment

Originally Posted by pcms View Post
                      Is that a fake cue?
                      Not really, the company name was bought and new cues produced, but people get confused and think they are buying original cues made by Will Hunt, but they are not, so not really fake but very misleading to say the least !!

Comment

well there you go...
                        Not a fake as the company is the official Hunt & O'Byrne company with the rights to that name now.
                        JUST that Will Hunt or O'Byrne have no connection to this new company.
                        Just like Rolls Royce cars are no longer owned or built by either the Rolls or Royce families. But they are not fake cars.
                        Not sure about the certificate being any thing like the certificates that Hunt & O'Byrne issued - if they ever did, ?
                        Very different from Hunt & Osborne or Osborne certificates though.
                        I think the red stamp and "hawk" logo is very distinctive for the new company.
                        Anyone have an example of an OLD H&Ob certificate?

Interesting that the certificate has Est.d 1984, I assume that is when the Will Hunt & J. O'Byrne established their partnership and this company have bought the rights to the original name and can claim that est'd date. ?
                        Anyone know when exactly H&Ob stopped trading as a company?

The only comment I have found in Snooker Scene (Dec 1992 pg 15) "...Hunt & O'Byrne who...recently went onto receivership."
                        Last edited by DeanH; 24 May 2014, 04:08 PM.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                        X