No announcement yet.

David wu cues on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wondered how long it would take Chinese cue makers at the lower end of the market to crack it. I remember buying a JY billiards cue some years back for pool. Nice rosewood cue, very honest, the usual 'vacuum' double ring brass joint. Fine for £35!

So how much do you think would this cue cost if made by a British maker, say Cue Craft for example?

Comment

• Well it's real black ebony but I don't know, would probably get a better finish with cue craft, is it them that do the Black Prince as their base model? I suppose you would have to compare it with that
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• A quick very fine sand with a sanding pad and its getting very good. There is a slight 'white' lacquer coating dusting off but thankfully it's not much and will take very little to get it super smooth ready for oiling.

I highly recommend sanding pads guys. ( not sure of the tech term lol) i Recently tried them for something and theyre great. No grit, very tidy indeed for finishing cues they are...

Now, where did i put that oil.....

Comment

• I've had another one for my rack. This one, in fact. Like the others it will be getting the full sand and oil treatment. I also don't like the finish on them as shipped, but once refinished they are very fine looking cues, that play.

This is now my fourth, to go with my six butters and my woods....please god can someone make me stop!

Comment

• If they made more cues round my specs I would be the same Tetricky, too good not to have a punt on.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
              Yeh through customs no probs...

It needs a slight re finish and oiling to get it as smooth as my trev, yeh. But damn, for the money I can't believe how good this cue is.

Nice splice work, nice feel, well balanced. Lovely shaft.

I need to hit a ball with yet to have a proper feel, but the only neg i can give it at the moment is the badge isn't fitted too well on this particular cue. but for the price. Wow.. It has a similar feel in the hand spec wise to my trev so if it strikes nicely i should get on with it just fine as a player.

Impressive for the money.
              The 2 David Wu cues I have seen both had the badges slightly inset into the shaft . It's almost like it needs a Perspex cover .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• This one is sticking out a touch. Not the greatest fit..

But i can't moan about this cue whatsoever, for the price it's a cracking cue. Fair play.

I look forward to taking it for a spin, its been a while.... :snooker:

Comment

• Got my latest Grand (see my post above for an ebay link). Lacquer finish, but not completely (or well) finished.....still a bit of a sanded wood feel to the shaft....which is fine for me as I will sand and re-finish with oil anyway. Balances at 16.5" (which suits me), and has perhaps the best chevrons of any cue I have (not that I care a jot about such things). Weighs in at 17.5oz, with a firm hitting medium/medium-stiff shaft.

It's pretty much right on the money for me, and feels like an absolute steal for under £50.

Comment

• Couple of pics. Tidy cue for the money I tells ya...
                    Yeh, they need a slight refinish. But for the money I doubt you'd get better value. after seeing the price of some cues recently. Jeez..

Comment

• £50 wow, expensive eh!

j/k, enjoy
                      GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

• I only bought it for a look, its tidy for the money. I doubt I'll use it, I don't use my trev, the chance of me using this is very slim, i guess...

I never said it was 50 quid, not a bad guess though..close.

Comment

• I was just having a laugh, based on your comment from my thread

Looks a nice cue, especially for the money, have you had chance to play a few frames with it yet?
                          GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

• Nah, I was going to have a knock today but as usual I didn't get around to it.

Can't remember how long it's been since I had a knock. It'll just gather dust, probably..

Comment

• David wu?or grand cues?get no impression with it.maybe with another name in china market.

Comment

• i think they maybe different at all.the grand cue more like a thai cue.
                                http://grandcue.com/
                                i just searched it from baidu,i don't know if it was the same one which you guys were talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X