No announcement yet.

David wu cues on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They must be paying over the odds to get the pick of the litter when it comes to ebony and shaft wood, so much so they can afford to put it on the cheaper cues. The cue i'm having built by Ton Praram is costing me a bit less than what a parris special cost me back in 1997, around £260 compared to £275 for the plain black special. How times have changed for prices and waiting time, 3 or so months for the TP cue as opposed to what 6 months plus if not more.

Comment

• Some of the ash shafts look proper nice too, there's summat not right.

Sweatshop conditions?

Comment

• Niche cues vids are interesting, using machines to do the splice work mostly

Comment

• This is what I think is going on Cally, they think these cues are rubbish, they seem to be a bit obsessed with stiffness and in the blurb they even say ,as the price or range goes up the cues get stiffer and therefore are better quality, i think these cues are just right but it does seem there is a liking for stiff shafts right across the board, I was one before I tried this cue.
          im not sure if the conditions are great but the top of the range cues are £250+
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I look forward to having a looksy at this ash when it arrives, hopefully this week...

Comment

• I've been trying to have a look at the quality of the badges! Are they laser cut disc types as they look in pics, or are they those crappy plastic domed badges some makers use?

They look like decent laser cut ones? Which again is surprising for the money

?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                I've been trying to have a look at the quality of the badges! Are they laser cut disc types as they look in pics, or are they those crappy plastic domed badges some makers use?

They look like decent laser cut ones? Which again is surprising for the money

?
                Similar to parris, tw etc.

Comment

• This will break British cue making. If they can use machines to accurately splice and machines to make the shaft, they have massive cost advantages that will eventually lead to very cheap custom cues. If the cues are as good as the best from the UK, folk will work it out pretty quick on here and ordering anything above 200 quid will seem insane. Whereas just five years ago, ordering anything below 200 seemed crazy.

The Chinese seem pretty keen on all things tech and engineering, their first jet passenger planes should be ready within the decade, the dominate semi-conductor phones, tablets and computers so why not produce the best cues at a fraction of the cost over here? Hopefully this will bring UK cue prices down, by increasing demand for cues made in China/Thailand. Some of the prices for British cues are ridiculous; sheer profiteering rip-offs.
                  Last edited by barrywhite; 25 January 2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Thought they looked it.

Normally sh!te badges on such cheap cues.

Tidy, I might even have a knock about soon. It's been a while, but the itch is slowly returning, it always does in the end.

Recently lost my practice partner in Hotpot though,..

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                      Niche cues vids are interesting, using machines to do the splice work mostly

Am I right in thinking that video showed a split shaft at the end, below the splices?

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                        Am I right in thinking that video showed a split shaft at the end, below the splices?
                        no just backcut

Comment

• I can't see a joint.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                            no just backcut
                            Cheers golf.

What do you think, message them and ask how much for a custom? 175?
                            Last edited by barrywhite; 25 January 2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                              Cheers golf.

What do you think, message them and ask how much for a custom? 150-200?
                              custom as in butt design or specs? if just specs order one and alter it yourself

Comment

• Plenty of other vids on that YouTube page, the splices just seem to be drum sanded instead of planed for the most part. Which obviously is why they can turn out an assload of cues at a high rate.

Comment

Working...
                                X