Is a one piece cue better hit than a two piece cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a one piece cue better hit than a two piece cue

Hi would like to know if a one piece Snooker cue is a better hitting cue than a two Piece Cue

We in Canada in the old days always played with a two piece cue were as people who lived in Great Britain always played with a One Piece Cue. Today most of the British players play with a 3/4 Cue for easier transportation and with the new laws when you travel by Air

Maybe someone here would answer to my question

Cheers Leonard

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=50152 I hope I have linked ok, this maybe worth a read mate.

Comment

depends on the cue i guess, but i feel that i get more feedback through my one piece, is that what you mean by better hitting?

Comment

Travel by air is an issue?
        a bad player who love cues

Comment

Originally Posted by matt926_uk View Post
          depends on the cue i guess, but i feel that i get more feedback through my one piece, is that what you mean by better hitting?
          HI What i mean is when you hit the cue ball with a one piece cue does it feel better than a two piece cue

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
            HI What i mean is when you hit the cue ball with a one piece cue does it feel better than a two piece cue
            One piece cues will always feel better then a 3/4 cue but if you've played with a 3/4 and play really well with it then the chances of you moving to a one place is slim

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
              http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=50152 I hope I have linked ok, this maybe worth a read mate.
              HI I checked the link great stuff

Cheers Leonard

Comment

Personally I think it depends on the cue and the joint used . A centre jointed cue with a " wood to wood " joint face and a slim ( 5/16 " ) male pin can be as good as a one piece cue. I have owned four cues with " wood to wood joint faces " , a Riley Burwat ( made by Aeon , still got that ), another Riley Burwat I sold to a team mate, a Riley Prestige made by Dufferin under licence in Canada ( Maple ) and a Cannon , all played very well and were easy to transport. The Burwat I kept is jointed so perfectly that you can not tell it is jointed , even if you were only a foot or so from it , all my team mates thought it was a one piece until I took it apart to put it in my case.I have owned cues with wood to wood joint faces and a wooden thread to boot , so the whole cue was made of wood , but they were fragile and the threads tend to break. I think if you got a one piece cue and had it jointed with a thin pin and wood to wood joint faces ( no brass ) and you had all the grain lines ( Ash ) lined up when assembled , that it would play just as well as a one piece. The matter of balance and forward and rear bias is easily sorted by weighting the cue accordingly.I also own a 3/4 jointed cue with a wood to wood joint face 5/16" pin ( jointed by Tony Glover ) and you can not tell it is jointed either and because there is an increase in the diameter of the wooden face ,over a centre jointed cue , that also plays as good as a one piece.
                Last edited by old school; 29 May 2014, 03:55 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

Working...
                X