john parris cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john parris cue

I am looking at this cue on eBay with a couple of concerns is it genuine and it seems very heavy at 20.5oz any thoughts guys
    cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOHN-PARRI...item3a910b563b

from the photos it looks to be legit; plain ebony, badge, the length of joint.
    what are your concerns?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3908508648...84.m1423.l2649

Do you know anything about this? I am very instereted, bt the badge has this other name "Ryan Butterworth" on it. anyone havs any idea what is it about? thanks.
      a bad player who love cues

Comment

Originally Posted by desso View Post
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3908508648...84.m1423.l2649

Do you know anything about this? I am very instereted, bt the badge has this other name "Ryan Butterworth" on it. anyone havs any idea what is it about? thanks.
        my first thoughts were a custom badge with the customer-name, but the "The Express" bit is different. I am wondering if it was a promotional cue (Butterworth rings a bell, he may have been a promoter of matches back in the day), also the Muncaster Cues instead of North West...
        Anyone more info? interesting
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          my first thoughts were a custom badge with the customer-name, but the "The Express" bit is different. I am wondering if it was a promotional cue (Butterworth rings a bell, he may have been a promoter of matches back in the day), also the Muncaster Cues instead of North West...
          Anyone more info? interesting
          Yes, I am so lost here......................
          a bad player who love cues

Comment

john parris cue

Can't comment on the cue itself but I did buy a cue from this seller a couple of years ago....A maple shafted northwest cue with a 6.5mm tip :snooker: A good seller to deal with considering I had to send it back to him because it had a bend it the 8" below the tip
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
              Can't comment on the cue itself but I did buy a cue from this seller a couple of years ago....A maple shafted northwest cue with a 6.5mm tip :snooker: A good seller to deal with considering I had to send it back to him because it had a bend it the 8" below the tip
              seller sounds good.. about the cue, what then he bent it back and sent it back to you?

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                seller sounds good.. about the cue, what then he bent it back and sent it back to you?
                Nope refund - no quibbles!
                On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Nope refund - no quibbles!
                  bit of a shame if you liked the cue. i got a few old bendy ones through the post, they were 50 each but i simply put them right now they play really well

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    bit of a shame if you liked the cue. i got a few old bendy ones through the post, they were 50 each but i simply put them right now they play really well
                    The cue was alright, not a fussy cue in any way really and typical on Northwest cues in my experience, splice points not exactly bang on and the finish was a little dull but was nicely balanced and a player.

I'm not adverse to straightening a cue myself but this one was bent due to the tip being taken down without much thought to how the wood would react. The bend will always return
                    On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

The cue was alright, not a fussy cue in any way really and typical on Northwest cues in my experience, splice points not exactly bang on and the finish was a little dull but was nicely balanced and a player.

I'm not adverse to straightening a cue myself but this one was bent due to the tip being taken down without much thought to how the wood would react. The bend will always return
                      i know the bend you mean. always annoying when the cue plays well

Comment

Working...
                      X