Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that too much for a starting price of bidding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that too much for a starting price of bidding.

Hi all, do you think it's too much a starting price for an auction even though it's a hunt & Obyrne black plate . I'm quite interested in this cue, but the starting price just push me away.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...832369&alt=web

Well considering they usually sell for more i think it's ok, he's just making sure it doesn't go too cheap
    I'm not saying it's worth it, but some people go crazy over them, not even good specs !!!

Comment

I think a lot of sellers on ebay when pricing high start off prices are looking for just 1 or 2 bids max and are in no rush too sell cheap.
      As you get free insertion weekends for auction prices but if you do a buy it now you'll get charged fees so that's 1 reason why so high.
      I do it myself as don't want to risk a 99p start as can get burnt.
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

I think this has a Indian Rosewood Butt doesnt it? as looks too light for Black Ebony.

Gaz.

Comment

Thanks all, but does it look genuinely, cus the joint doesn't look like the other Hunt cues, as they should all made by Will Hunt himself in the past. Please correct me if I'm wrong, thank you mate.

Comment

Is that too much for a starting price of bidding.

I think it's genuine and think it's ebony (just not a very select piece of ebony that many makers would not use) - I have had two of these cues in similar condition and this is how they look after years of storage.

If you are very keen to own a Hunt & O'Byrne I know of a very nice one with four additional splices in what looks like paduak that is in great condition - Price reflects condition and unique design at £1300 + shipping
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Don't know if you've noticed but it's collection only

Comment

Originally Posted by dan226 View Post
                Thanks all, but does it look genuinely, cus the joint doesn't look like the other Hunt cues, as they should all made by Will Hunt himself in the past. Please correct me if I'm wrong, thank you mate.

The joint is spot on mate , doesn't look the best example of an H & O cue in my opinion . And for the money , i would want more pictures than just the 3 that has been put up .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                  I think it's genuine and think it's ebony (just not a very select piece of ebony that many makers would not use) - I have had two of these cues in similar condition and this is how they look after years of storage.

If you are very keen to own a Hunt & O'Byrne I know of a very nice one with four additional splices in what looks like paduak that is in great condition - Price reflects condition and unique design at £1300 + shipping
                  Thanks mate, the price is bit too much for me to afford, but still very interest to take a look, if you can post a couple of pictures.

Comment

Originally Posted by dan226 View Post
                    Hi all, do you think it's too much a starting price for an auction even though it's a hunt & Obyrne black plate . I'm quite interested in this cue, but the starting price just push me away.
                    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...832369&alt=web
                    My uncle is a collector.!!!! . he paid two years ago 760 GBP for a H & O cue ( from 80's ). I'm not in cue bisns , but I think the price is reasonable.!!!!

Comment

Is it only collectors who would pay this sort of money for a cue ? My thinking is that you could pay less than a £100 quid for a cue and still win the World Championship its not the cue its the person using it, how many of us have been whitewashed by a guy using a cheap machine spliced (I have) he had just got it from Cash Converters on the way to the club I was gutted.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                        Is it only collectors who would pay this sort of money for a cue ? My thinking is that you could pay less than a £100 quid for a cue and still win the World Championship its not the cue its the person using it, how many of us have been whitewashed by a guy using a cheap machine spliced (I have) he had just got it from Cash Converters on the way to the club I was gutted.
                        That's a good one mate, cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                          Agreed a £100 cue to a half decent player is no different to a 700 quid one, the only difference is you can say look at my expensive cue, I've got a quality shaft you haven't
                          It's all about being in with the crowd imo

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            Agreed a £100 cue to a half decent player is no different to a 700 quid one, the only difference is you can say look at my expensive cue, I've got a quality shaft you haven't
                            It's all about being in with the crowd imo
                            I could not agree more £500 quid cue, £250 Real Leather Harlequin multi -colour case, Custom T Shirt with Snooker Emblem, A block of real Kamui Chalk £19, Plus a custom chalk holder (Engraved) and he still cant knock in a descent break ! Think I would rather spend my cash on some coaching and make do with my modest but well playable cue, but I guess its only human nature to let the green eye of envy creep in now and again.

Comment

I didn't know that you knew me
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                              X