Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that too much for a starting price of bidding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of the cues I own are at a price point that reflects my standard of play.

Then again, I'm 52 now, and don't really aspire to knock in a 100 break any time soon.

That said, I work hard, and pool / snooker is what I like to do in my leisure time, so why not spend some of

my hard earned on nice cues ?

Lots of classic cars are owned by people who can't drive them at 9 tenths , but who love them nonetheless.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
      I could not agree more £500 quid cue, £250 Real Leather Harlequin multi -colour case, Custom T Shirt with Snooker Emblem, A block of real Kamui Chalk £19, Plus a custom chalk holder (Engraved) and he still cant knock in a descent break ! Think I would rather spend my cash on some coaching and make do with my modest but well playable cue, but I guess its only human nature to let the green eye of envy creep in now and again.
      Maybe you are just tight

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Agreed a £100 cue to a half decent player is no different to a 700 quid one, the only difference is you can say look at my expensive cue, I've got a quality shaft you haven't
        It's all about being in with the crowd imo
        ive had a go with some of the top cues but give me a 16oz ten quid racka and after a bit of tlc and a new tip i'm away

Comment

Em……gentlemen sorry disturbing you all, but did anyone think the cue is a genuine black plate as I may give the seller an offer, and how much should I offer him, thank you so much.

Comment

I could not agree more £500 quid cue, £250 Real Leather Harlequin multi -colour case, Custom T Shirt with Snooker Emblem, A block of real Kamui Chalk £19, Plus a custom chalk holder (Engraved) and he still cant knock in a descent break ! Think I would rather spend my cash on some coaching and make do with my modest but well playable cue, but I guess its only human nature to let the green eye of envy creep in now and again.
            Hmm strangely enough you said on another thread if you won the lottery the first thing you would buy would be a Mike Wooldridge cue !! so basically you are just jealous and would have expensive kit if you could afford it ehh

Comment

Originally Posted by dan226 View Post
              Em……gentlemen sorry disturbing you all, but did anyone think the cue is a genuine black plate as I may give the seller an offer, and how much should I offer him, thank you so much.
              Well it is collection only, so probably a waste of time for you

Comment

Is it only collectors who would pay this sort of money for a cue ? My thinking is that you could pay less than a £100 quid for a cue and still win the World Championship its not the cue its the person using it, how many of us have been whitewashed by a guy using a cheap machine spliced (I have) he had just got it from Cash Converters on the way to the club I was gutted.
                you're right about that one !!!. usually the collectors are interested in these cues.
                btw, Is true. If you're a good player, you do'nt need a expensive cue. But that does not mean that a good player can not play with an expensive cue. !!
                I know people who pay 2000 pounds for an expensive camera to watch birds.!!!!
                Or pay £ 2000 for two weeks of vacation. There are people who do'nt go to vacation, and spend that money for a cue.
                Everyone must decide for himself what he / she does with his money.is a free country !!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                  you're right about that one !!!. usually the collectors are interested in these cues.
                  btw, Is true. If you're a good player, you do'nt need a expensive cue. But that does not mean that a good player can not play with an expensive cue. !!
                  I know people who pay 2000 pounds for an expensive camera to watch birds.!!!!
                  Or pay £ 2000 for two weeks of vacation. There are people who do'nt go to vacation, and spend that money for a cue.
                  Everyone must decide for himself what he / she does with his money.is a free country !!!!!
                  Is there a big market in your country for expensive cues?

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    Is there a big market in your country for expensive cues?

wish it was!! but no, it is'nt.
                    Everyone wants a good quality cue for a low price.
                    I think in China re moor potntieel customers for this kind of things !!!
                    Not sure. !!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      My uncle is a collector.!!!! . he paid two years ago 760 GBP for a H & O cue ( from 80's ). I'm not in cue bisns , but I think the price is reasonable.!!!!
                      yes mate, if he's going to sell the cue in this price , it's just a start bidding price for now, will go up if someone placed a bid. By the way, have to make sure it's genuine. Yes JRC , I can send someone to pick up the cue or try to negotiate with the seller , thanks for your advise .

Comment

Working...
                      X