Difference in the top cue makers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in the top cue makers.

Just thought I would ask as never really been that sure, i understand people prefer different brand cues to other brand cues but my question is if the top cue makers specify in using top quality woods then surely the likes of trevor white, wooldridge,Exquisite, Stamford, Robert osbourne, cook, etc are all basically the same cues just with a different badge.

If this is true does popularity reflects the price or is it all about supply and demand

. . . . . No

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Just thought I would ask as never really been that sure, i understand people prefer different brand cues to other brand cues but my question is if the top cue makers specify in using top quality woods then surely the likes of trevor white, wooldridge,Exquisite, Stamford, Robert osbourne, cook, etc are all basically the same cues just with a different badge.

If this is true does popularity reflects the price or is it all about supply and demand
      You forgot a big name... Dave Coutts. Best one IMO.
      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Interesting debate and one which I'm sure will provide different opinions.

My take is that a lot of it comes down to the quality of timber that each cue maker can get hold of.
        We already know that John parris has told customers frequently that he is finding it difficult to fulfil his ultimate orders because of a scarcity of ultimate quality shafts.

With that in mind it makes you wonder if he cannot get hold of good enough ash then what are the other cue makers using, substandard timber?

I have recently had an ultimate maximum cue made in Thailand and the quality of the ash is fantastic. For me it doesn't matter how good a cue maker you are you are only as good as the materials you have to work with.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          Interesting debate and one which I'm sure will provide different opinions.

My take is that a lot of it comes down to the quality of timber that each cue maker can get hold of.
          We already know that John parris has told customers frequently that he is finding it difficult to fulfil his ultimate orders because of a scarcity of ultimate quality shafts.

With that in mind it makes you wonder if he cannot get hold of good enough ash then what are the other cue makers using, substandard timber?

I have recently had an ultimate maximum cue made in Thailand and the quality of the ash is fantastic. For me it doesn't matter how good a cue maker you are you are only as good as the materials you have to work with.
          Good feedback cheers mate.
          It's just aways bugged me that the big 8 cue makers all define quality cues and we all know they are great cue makers each and everyone of them but I cant distinguish why one is different to the other as I'm sure if we ordered a plain ebony butt 57" cue each off the supposedly top guys we won't really tell the difference

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
            Good feedback cheers mate.
            It's just aways bugged me that the big 8 cue makers all define quality cues and we all know they are great cue makers each and everyone of them but I cant distinguish why one is different to the other as I'm sure if we ordered a plain ebony butt 57" cue each off the supposedly top guys we won't really tell the difference
            I suppose it really boils down to how the cue maker works his materials, every maker will have there little tricks to taper shafts etc to get to the end product......

I think it was Pottr who has ordered a cue of all the top cue makers to the same spec, I'll try and dig the thread for you bud.
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Here you go.....

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=39213
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                Cheers for that, just read it.

Comment

Working...
                X