TW Shaft Taper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Shaft Taper?

I recently tried a Trevor white cue that my friend has just received. The same spec as my order although 1/2" shorter.

I couldn't fault the workmanship however I felt the taper was rather chunky in comparison with other cues I have had including my currently playing cue. This was the first TW I have had a hit with though. Has anyone else noticed this about his cues? I also tried a new MW a couple of weeks back but that seemed fine to me, thickness wise.

If you have a 9.5mm tip 1 piece cue could you post measurements of your shaft at 8", 12" & just above the splice points so that I can compare with this one.

On the TW i have here specs are slightly bigger than you asked for at: 57 3/4", 9.75, 18.4 oz, 29.5, 17 1/2" bp
    But at 8" it is 12.5. at 12" it is 14.4, and just splice points it is 25.1
    Cue feels like any other i have had really, the one you tried may have been asked to be chunky ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      On the TW i have here specs are slightly bigger than you asked for at: 57 3/4", 9.75, 18.4 oz, 29.5, 17 1/2" bp
      But at 8" it is 12.5. at 12" it is 14.4, and just splice points it is 25.1
      Cue feels like any other i have had really, the one you tried may have been asked to be chunky ???
      Thanks for that JRC I'll check those measurements against it. It was one of the cues that was listed on eBay recently so he didn't originally order it, so I suppose it could have been ordered that way.

Comment

I've got a TW. 57", 9.5mm tip and 29mm butt.

Measurements:

8" - 13.5mm
        12" - 15.2mm
        Above splice points - 23.2mm

Hope this helps.
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
        X