Never seen a cue like this before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never seen a cue like this before!

Went to see Earl Strickland's exhibition in Arbroath last night. Never seen a cue like his, he said it's a cheap butt off a club rack with an old Predator shaft, he's got the butt wrapped in what looked like bicycle handlebar tape and underneath that was a load of lead weights. He's still got his butt which extends it to 70" but doesn't use it anymore.

If anyone wants a load of gaffer tape wrapped round their cue giz a shout!

http://s938.photobucket.com/user/w1g...46334.jpg.html

I don't know anything about pool, but I take it that's just a breaking cue( sorry if that's a daft question)
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

No that's his playing cue! And he plays bloody well with it too!

Comment

Always a tinkerer is earl, and a skill level off the scale....

Comment

Is he as crackers in real life as he is in videos i have seen of him? The boy can play tho.......

Comment

Yeah he had a few moments but don't think he's being entirely serious half the time, reckon he likes to get in to people's heads to put them off their game sometimes. His cue power is unreal yet like most top pros it looks effortless. Few good trick shots too.

If anyone has the chance to catch him while he's still on his UK tour it's worth a watch regardless of what cue sport you play. Nice guy, stayed around chatting and signing cue balls and stuff for hours after.

Comment

looks like tennis racquet grips wrapped around the cue

Comment

This was a good one, he said it was an old Willie Mosconi exhibition shot, 14 balls in 1 shot: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iSNZpbolTaM#

Comment

Hope that wasn't you yelling "hell of a shot" lol

Comment

Nah, he was hardly likely to miss it! I've still got a Geordie accent anyway!

Comment

It looks like it's weighted in front of and behind the grip in order to have a really heavy cue that doesn't feel heavy in the hand as it's balanced like a Claymore.
                      Could be useful, but I think Earl just like to be at the centre of all things, after all, he did his best stuff with standard cues and by p1ssing off his opponents.
                      I'm sure he's a nice guy in exhibitions as he knows everyone's there to see him, but otherwise it's very different.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        It looks like it's weighted in front of and behind the grip in order to have a really heavy cue that doesn't feel heavy in the hand as it's balanced like a Claymore.
                        Could be useful, but I think Earl just like to be at the centre of all things, after all, he did his best stuff with standard cues and by p1ssing off his opponents.
                        I'm sure he's a nice guy in exhibitions as he knows everyone's there to see him, but otherwise it's very different.
                        Yes he is an enigma. I actually question his sanity from time to time but the skill level is amazing.

Another trick shot.

Comment

Those Cues do fetch very Good Money!

Comment

He had a load of lead weights on an arm band strapped to his bridge forearm too. Weird!

Comment

I can't watch the guy, moan ,whinge ,put my opponent off, nah not for me, just play pool and let that do your talking.
                              After saying that I would pay to watch him do an exhibition, skill at any sport is great to see live.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X