Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen a Parris badge like this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen a Parris badge like this before?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item43cad9e7e8

On ebay, what do you make of it?

It is very close to the 80s plain white "John Parris" disc I have seen before but never seen a double-truncated disc shape before.
    The typeface is close but slightly wider spacing that my example but the photos are very poor.
    "perfect condition" - I'd hate to see what he calls "poor condition"
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thats what I thought, and yes agree it looks like its seen better days, no spec and only £1500!!

Comment

I would bring back the death penalty for anyone who pay silly money for that cue, mind you that goes to a lot of other cues as well mind you!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          It is very close to the 80s plain white "John Parris" disc I have seen before but never seen a double-truncated disc shape before.
          The typeface is close but slightly wider spacing that my example but the photos are very poor.
          "perfect condition" - I'd hate to see what he calls "poor condition"
          Looks like it has splices added after the badge was in place.

Comment

maybe it is legit and JohnP was so new at making cues he got it wrong ?

Comment

5 photos all showing the same thing lol

Comment

Anyone send an image to JP to ask his opinion?
                If it is legit, how much would people pay for it?
                It may refurb up nicely

Comment

Never seen this JP badge before, I know of a white and black one with a bubble type don't and just john Parris on it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Pascale View Post
                    Never seen this JP badge before, I know of a white and black one with a bubble type don't and just john Parris on it.
                    "bubble" I think you mean a clear Perspex with the design under the clear, yes he did a few of these before sticking with the embossed off-white discs that we all know.
                    The plain "John Parris" disc as per the link was a very early 80s badge (maybe late 70s) and as mentioned I have seen before but not one with truncated edges

Comment

"bubble" I think you mean a clear Perspex with the design under the clear, yes he did a few of these before sticking with the embossed off-white discs that we all know.
                      The plain "John Parris" disc as per the link was a very early 80s badge (maybe late 70s) and as mentioned I have seen before but not one with truncated edges
                      Sorry I phone correcting things, bubble type font!

I assume it has flat edges as it's a round butt and a small diameter. So the disc sits nicely and not too sunken etc

Comment

Also that ultimate 953 on eBay doesn't look right to me!!!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/181431626573?nav=SEARCH

Badge looks ok, but not sure about the cue.

Comment

Sorry I phone correcting things, bubble type font!

I assume it has flat edges as it's a round butt and a small diameter. So the disc sits nicely and not too sunken etc
                          as mentioned on another post, the edges could have been cue by the ebony splices

Comment

Also that ultimate 953 on eBay doesn't look right to me!!!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/181431626573?nav=SEARCH

Badge looks ok, but not sure about the cue.
                            This one has been up for sale before and supposedly was owned by John Higgins in the past.

Comment

as mentioned on another post, the edges could have been cue by the ebony splices
                              Unlikely, edges too uniform and straight for that. It's been specifically made that way. Attention to detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X