Melbourne Inman picture badge cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne Inman picture badge cue

being sold on ebay, also a Permac Champion cue and an old scoreboard. If anyone is interested in any or all, message me either here or on ebay.

see http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/simb65?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
    nice cues, clean
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

very nice cues , was looking at these yesterday , they caught my eye

Comment

Open to offers individually or as a lot, cues can be TNT'd for about 15 each or maybe about the same if paired and the scoreboard can be couriered for about 12, can create new listings on ebay for buying. collection could be arranged in NW Kent.

The Inman is a player cue in today's specs which makes it rarer, imo.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
          Open to offers individually or as a lot, cues can be TNT'd for about 15 each or maybe about the same if paired and the scoreboard can be couriered for about 12, can create new listings on ebay for buying. collection could be arranged in NW Kent.

The Inman is a player cue in today's specs which makes it rarer, imo.
          is the inman machine or hand spliced

Comment

It is machine spliced. By hands.

As an aside I was thinking about machine spliced/hand spliced the other day, what is best, answer, neither for playing, one just takes longer than the other to make but the end result is a butt put together from bits rather than a solid butt, ie, you can see the grain go around the butt in a MS cue but with HS it's four separate splices, or more.

Some cue collecting websites suggest MS may be more collectable in the future, particularly when you can get HS cues from China now shipped in for the price of a few pints of beer and then re-finished and re-priced.

Comment

It is machine spliced. By hands.

As an aside I was thinking about machine spliced/hand spliced the other day, what is best, answer, neither for playing, one just takes longer than the other to make but the end result is a butt put together from bits rather than a solid butt, ie, you can see the grain go around the butt in a MS cue but with HS it's four separate splices, or more.

Some cue collecting websites suggest MS may be more collectable in the future, particularly when you can get HS cues from China now shipped in for the price of a few pints of beer and then re-finished and re-priced.
              Cheers.

Take no notice of whatever website said machine spliced cues will be more collectible in the future as they are talking nuts

Comment

Yeah, but as with anything what is always more collectible is what is more rare.

Couple extra pics added
                Last edited by sberry; 12 June 2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Yeah, but as with anything what is always more collectible is what is more rare.

Couple extra pics added
                  Absolutely.. A John Roberts machine spliced cue sold for over 500 last year, and there's a Dawson cue on eBay at 250 and rising.
                  That said not all 'rare' cues are commercially valuable - take Blackswan's Roberts stamped cue, it didn't make double figures or it's reserve but this is a 130 year old cue and very rare - just quite unattractive.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                    Absolutely.. A John Roberts machine spliced cue sold for over 500 last year, and there's a Dawson cue on eBay at 250 and rising.
                    That said not all 'rare' cues are commercially valuable - take Blackswan's Roberts stamped cue, it didn't make double figures or it's reserve but this is a 130 year old cue and very rare - just quite unattractive.
                    in theory old cues carry very little value unless like you say a rare one comes along that no collector has,even then they pay way over the odds for them

Comment

The Inman cue is gone but the scoreboard and Permac remain. Surely somebody with their own snooker room wants a proper scoreboard or a collector wants the best Permac Champion cue going?

If it helps, I'll include free couriering for the scoreboard to UK addresses if bought and paid for today and will chuck in a lump of Kamui 1.21a chalk which has been used for one frame only and they cost £20 to anyone stupid enough (me) to buy it, with the Permac,.
                      Last edited by sberry; 13 June 2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

No collectors want to add an immaculate permac to their collection for the price of a shop bought new cue?

Comment

No collectors want to add an immaculate permac to their collection for the price of a shop bought new cue?
                          Cant believe no one has snapped that Permac up at that price. Nice looking cue that.
                          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

I know, after commissions and the postage I'll be ending up with less than a bullseye for something you can't get any more in this condition - next offer will get it.

Guess it's today's players not understanding the game and just wanting the mass produced stuff that's ten thousand a penny with different badges - it's still all knocked out in bulk in a factory by joe nobody for next to nothing then re-sold on.

Like comparing a new Nissan micra with a concourse vintage MG...

Comment

I know, after commissions and the postage I'll be ending up with less than a bullseye for something you can't get any more in this condition - next offer will get it.

Guess it's today's players not understanding the game and just wanting the mass produced stuff that's ten thousand a penny with different badges - it's still all knocked out in bulk in a factory by joe nobody for next to nothing then re-sold on.

Like comparing a new Nissan micra with a concourse vintage MG...
                              If you're talking about the permac it's still a machine splice cue that is readily available,you knock the price down to £40 then you might get an offer off somebody

Comment

Working...
                              X