Woods 3 Star or Chinese O'Min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Not bitter just think it would be nice that our hard earned money is actually appreciated by the top cuemakers and not just another annoying customer asking for a cue to be made
    it is the problem facing anybody who is making and retailing their own products, if your products are good and people want them either you will have to communicate with the public less or make the product less. what happens of course is that those who do it as a job, and not just for fun, physically can't give the same attention to every customer. I am sure if you were prepared to pay £2000 for it trevor would gladly make you a cue and send you photos of it at every stage etc but in reality like the rest of us he has to get paid for him time.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Is that how the prices spiral ADR, because someone paid say 750 on eBay, then go on to sell it but to get their 750 back have to ask for 900 on eBay, ratcheting the price up, and others take that price as what they should ask.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Is that how the prices spiral ADR, because someone paid say 750 on eBay, then go on to sell it but to get their 750 back have to ask for 900 on eBay, ratcheting the price up, and others take that price as what they should ask.
        more or less exactly - so everything becomes inflated.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          more or less exactly - so everything becomes inflated.
          only if someone is prepared to pay that price
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Wow! I wasn't expecting the conversation to go quite in this direction hit it makes for interesting reading nonetheless. I understand regarding the use of the terms fake etc and was careful to tr MS make this clear in the OP.

So - to ring you up to speed I have purchase one of the O'Min cues sold by Cuedos on eBay. He was incredibly helpful through eBay messaging answering my dumb questions and providing above and beyond service and advice - honestly a model customer service experience.

I will let the forum know how I get on but am now excited to get back to the UK next week to a new 'toy' (am flying to the US tomorrow).

Many thanks for the guidance & efforts many went through posting links etc - it is appreciated.

Oliver

Comment

Apologies for all the typos - writing on a phone is not ideal!

Comment

Originally Posted by Pathway View Post
                Wow! I wasn't expecting the conversation to go quite in this direction hit it makes for interesting reading nonetheless. I understand regarding the use of the terms fake etc and was careful to tr MS make this clear in the OP.

So - to ring you up to speed I have purchase one of the O'Min cues sold by Cuedos on eBay. He was incredibly helpful through eBay messaging answering my dumb questions and providing above and beyond service and advice - honestly a model customer service experience.

I will let the forum know how I get on but am now excited to get back to the UK next week to a new 'toy' (am flying to the US tomorrow).

Many thanks for the guidance & efforts many went through posting links etc - it is appreciated.

Oliver
                Nice one on the purchase I'm sure you will happy with it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cmbrstefan View Post
                  as i heard omin thailand should file a sue against them to reclaim his name back. should be in the near future
                  Yes that is true but can't go into detail on a public forum.

Looking forward to seeing
                  Linhai Kangdi Wooden Co ltd handmade in china on the the cues if they can fit it on a badge.
                  They have yet to register that surprisingly or Condy the other badge they use.

Feel sorry for Mr O'min as they have to use a welsh expression extracted the urine.
                  Last edited by BITTER; 13 June 2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

are all the fakes made by the same company? Ive seen various copy's some with/without the joint logo and some differences. The ones sold by cuedos come with what looks like a regular mini butt where as i picked up one a while ago and it has a spirolock mini butt and joint its actually a really good cue v.hard to beat for the price my nephew loves it (thanks JRC :snooker
                    Only thing i did was re-ferrule it as it had a star ferrule & gave it a little refinish and oil and its great!

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                      are all the fakes made by the same company? Ive seen various copy's some with/without the joint logo and some differences. The ones sold by cuedos come with what looks like a regular mini butt where as i picked up one a while ago and it has a spirolock mini butt and joint its actually a really good cue v.hard to beat for the price my nephew loves it (thanks JRC :snooker
                      Only thing i did was re-ferrule it as it had a star ferrule & gave it a little refinish and oil and its great!
                      not sure what is going on but the o'mins i have from china with ebony mini butts etc cost far too much for me to be able to sell them for £75 on ebay - the cues themselves and their quality is not the issue really, there is something going on that as paul says would be a bit complex to go into on the forum.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        personally i think the top cuemakers should breakaway from agents at least this way the general public might actually be able to order a cue in a decent time frame
                        I agree with you, if cuemakers Should breakaway from agents, perhaps makes the waitinglist a bit shorter! ( just a bit ).
                        But that's not the only reason for waiting list of some cuemakers!!
                        You should see it this way. These agents also have their benefit for the customer.
                        Example, if you want to place your order for a cue maximus ultimate.
                        the waiting list is between 14 and 16 weeks. OR, you can go to an agent (such as Stu, green baize) buy the cue that suite your game without waiting. In this case stu does the waiting for you. Other advantage is you can try before you buy. Something in my opinion, the best way is to buy a cue, especially for players who are new to this game.
                        Of course, you pay a few pounds more.
                        Let's face it, who works for free on these days?!!!!
                        So, you buy a TW cue from andrew, instead of waiting two years.
                        Subject cue makers:
                        As Maverick told you, there are many cue makers with a reasonable waiting time.
                        Like, Andy Travis or Mike or Tony Glover or .....
                        Tony made a cue for me last year. Was ready within three months. In my opinion that is reasonable waiting time. I gave the cue to my brother, because the shaft was not stiff enough for me. He plays fine with it. Very good quality and high craftsmanschap. Mike has made my last cue. He suits my game and I would never want to play with another cue !!!!. So, as you see. Is always a riske. And that makes the existence of these agents, for some players very good !! players who want to first try the cue before they buy it.
                        Believe it or not, I understand your frustration, or from other players. I will not be happy either if I have to wait for a JP ultimate two years.
                        But that does not apply to all cue makers. Sometimes you have to also understand these people, these cue makers are ordinary people like you and me. They also have their own lives outside of their work, they can also get sick or to vacation as anyone alse !!!
                        If I may give you an advice
                        Decide what you want. A cue from a UK cue maker or a Thai cue.
                        Because this makes your job easier. For example, if you want to buy a thai cue Stu green is the perfect choice. Also Andrew has a nice collection.
                        Enjoy your game !!!!!!

Comment

don't forget the only difference is that stu and I do the waiting!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                            I agree with you, if cuemakers Should breakaway from agents, perhaps makes the waitinglist a bit shorter! ( just a bit ).
                            But that's not the only reason for waiting list of some cuemakers!!
                            You should see it this way. These agents also have their benefit for the customer.
                            Example, if you want to place your order for a cue maximus ultimate.
                            the waiting list is between 14 and 16 weeks. OR, you can go to an agent (such as Stu, green baize) buy the cue that suite your game without waiting. In this case stu does the waiting for you. Other advantage is you can try before you buy. Something in my opinion, the best way is to buy a cue, especially for players who are new to this game.
                            Of course, you pay a few pounds more.
                            Let's face it, who works for free on these days?!!!!
                            So, you buy a TW cue from andrew, instead of waiting two years.
                            Subject cue makers:
                            As Maverick told you, there are many cue makers with a reasonable waiting time.
                            Like, Andy Travis or Mike or Tony Glover or .....
                            Tony made a cue for me last year. Was ready within three months. In my opinion that is reasonable waiting time. I gave the cue to my brother, because the shaft was not stiff enough for me. He plays fine with it. Very good quality and high craftsmanschap. Mike has made my last cue. He suits my game and I would never want to play with another cue !!!!. So, as you see. Is always a riske. And that makes the existence of these agents, for some players very good !! players who want to first try the cue before they buy it.
                            Believe it or not, I understand your frustration, or from other players. I will not be happy either if I have to wait for a JP ultimate two years.
                            But that does not apply to all cue makers. Sometimes you have to also understand these people, these cue makers are ordinary people like you and me. They also have their own lives outside of their work, they can also get sick or to vacation as anyone alse !!!
                            If I may give you an advice
                            Decide what you want. A cue from a UK cue maker or a Thai cue.
                            Because this makes your job easier. For example, if you want to buy a thai cue Stu green is the perfect choice. Also Andrew has a nice collection.
                            Enjoy your game !!!!!!
                            the waiting list would be even longer because the cue makers would have to secure their future income.

Comment

Great thread, enjoyed reading and learning from this. This is the kind of thread thats makes tsf so good!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                                don't forget the only difference is that stu and I do the waiting!
                                Is exactly what I said in my statement andrew, the quality is the same. TW what you are selling is made ​​by Traver. Does'nt matter to the customer.

Comment

Working...
                                X