Burwat Champion Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burwat Champion Cue

Been thinking for a while now that I'd like to try one of these older cues and have been keeping an eye on E-bay.
    What do you think of this one?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burroughes...item2a3e83bb9b

I had an itch to try one and managed to get one off JRC750. Gorgeous cue and I wanted it to be my playing cue from a misty eyed prospective of using a 50+ year old cue.

You can't beat the playing characteristics of a modern cue though IMO

Comment

Very nice cue bigmeek just needs a push on extension if you didnt want to add a SD joint. I have looked at a few as well it seems b&w cues hold their value alright as well, from what ive seen. I like the graining and patternation in the butt wood as well. Good luck in bidding if you go for it mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        Been thinking for a while now that I'd like to try one of these older cues and have been keeping an eye on E-bay.
        What do you think of this one?
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burroughes...item2a3e83bb9b
        Im using 1, altered by john parris, is the best playing cue I ever tested, btw I'm a omin seller in malaysia and singapore.

Comment

I love the look of them a think a need one

Comment

not the best playing cue those Burwats

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              not the best playing cue those Burwats
              A don't think they would be is it because their old cues

Comment

most of the time they are terrible cues.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have a second edition I am currently selling . There is one damaged splice point , but the cue is otherwise in good order and is a player . Took it across to Glovers and even he was impressed by its stiffness ( for a Burwat ) of the cue . The cue is not " pin straight " but is a nice playing cue for all that.PM me for specs if you are interested.

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                    I love the look of them a think a need one
                    Stop right there Stevie, two minutes ago you were selling your cues now you want another.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                      Stop right there Stevie, two minutes ago you were selling your cues now you want another.
                      Stevie on the mend. every good doctor know a cue a day takes the pain away. (it was a due doctor mind, ive now got 125 cues and still cant get rid of my piles!).

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                        That's cause a was thinking the insurance was not going to pay me enough out time my exes of £400 was taking but now am back with passion

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                          ... ive now got 125 cues ...
                          About time we saw some pics

Comment

Its a bit unfair to assume a cue will play badly just because it's old. Every cue is different and many old cues with a good bit of TLC will play perfectly. My two main cues are an old Joe Davis record cue for pool and a Walter Lindrum club cue for snooker, both maple one pieces with a full refurb after I bought them. Straight as a die and feel fantastic. I kept the original red fibre ferrule on the Lindrum cue as found it to play brilliantly. Plays even better since I stuck one of ADR147's tips on!

There's one way to find out if a cue will suit you and as long as you pay a reasonable sum and it's a decent stick you'll probably br able to get your money back if it's not your cup of tea.

Comment

That's too much money for that cue. You might justify £175 for an undamaged player with a good badge, otherwise leave it. The main thing this shows of course, is how overpriced new cues are.

Comment

Working...
                              X