Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a nice cheap-ish cue (200£/250€ max)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a nice cheap-ish cue (200£/250€ max)

Hi!
    I'm new to the forum, and this almost serves as an introduction

I recently started playing snooker and taking it more seriously (playing pool for 2 or 3 years now), and being on the verge of starting to compete in some tournaments I'm researching for a nice cue.
    I do have a cue that I was offered, but it is a generic Winner, with a centre joint, all ash. Nothing special, but I put a nice tip on it and really got used to it, particularly its balance and weight (it weighs around 18oz, and has the balance point more or less where a 3/4 joint would be).

I have a budget of around 250€ maximum (around 200£), and it would be nice if a case could fit inside that value. I can wait to buy extensions in the future to save some of the money towards the cue right now.

As far as specs, I have a general idea of what I would like:

- Preferably a one piece cue, ash shaft and with nothing fancy on the butt (I don't like too much intricate veneering work, just something simple like Ronnie O'Sullivan's current cue, or even a plain ebony butt). 3/4 joints are ok as well, if need be
    - 9 to 10mm tip, preferably 9.5mm
    - Standard 57/58 inches length and 18,5-19oz weight
    - But joint for extensions
    - Hand spliced would be preferable as well

I'm inclined to go the CueCraft route, would any of you recommend anything else?

Also worth mentioning that I have no problem buying used, and as I live in Portugal, it will probably have to come from outside the country (used or new) - having to buy it blindly (no trying before hand most likely).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

A good second hand GBL cue is fantastic value for money , but as you mentioned Ronnies cue what about a Mastercue Rocket , well within your budget. You do not have enough posts for me to pm you so this information will have to go on an open forum post. E-bay member " danclfc " has two for sale right now , to your specs and under budget .You need to ask if he will post to Portugal before bidding though. Hope this helps , good luck in your search.

Comment

i would have a few that might suit you.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah, Green Baize is another option, a great one and for the value of the Mastercue Rocket, I prefer to buy new and talk directly to Stuart Green as he seems to be great to deal with.

I'll wait a little longer though, I want to be reasonably informed about what is suitable for me right now and don't wanna rush it.

Comment

Originally Posted by MMoreno View Post
          Thanks!

Yeah, Green Baize is another option, a great one and for the value of the Mastercue Rocket, I prefer to buy new and talk directly to Stuart Green as he seems to be great to deal with.

I'll wait a little longer though, I want to be reasonably informed about what is suitable for me right now and don't wanna rush it.
          stu is a good guy. i have a couple of master cues a couple of niche cues and a couple of precision cues all be about the right money for you.

Comment

I have a Tony Glover and leather case I could let you have for 250 or 200 just for cue it's 60" long but you could get it cut for 30 quid If it's to long. Its a 3/4 old style Glover 10 mm tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevorwhitemast59.5 View Post
              I have a Tony Glover and leather case I could let you have for 250 or 200 just for cue it's 60" long but you could get it cut for 30 quid If it's to long. Its a 3/4 old style Glover 10 mm tip.
              A Glover and case for 250???? where were you 8 month ago??? What a absolute steal that is.

Comment

Looking for a quick sale mate plus it's an old cue and long so. ... I know if I waited I could get more like 320 but I need money to get my Robert Osbourne so just cutting my looses

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                  A Glover and case for 250???? where were you 8 month ago??? What a absolute steal that is.
                  agreed - bite his hand off.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevorwhitemast59.5 View Post
                    put a pic or 2 on let us have a look

Comment

Pics Pics Pics Pics

Comment

It won't let me on my phone have to wait till later

Comment

nice pics there

Comment

Please Suggest me cue under Rs 2000 0r usd 340 0r 200 pounds

Hello Everyone

I am looking for a cue Under rs 20000 ..Found some good thailand cues on the net but got confused like maximus, niche, omin, phoenix atlantis, james wattana, kingcue snooker cues...Or You can suggest any good uk cues in this budget ...Length should be 57.5...9.5mm tip..17.5 ounce weight...I am new to this game....please suggest

Comment

Hello

please see the below within your budget for your consideration

Niche "Classic" series, 1 Piece cue Hand-Made in Thailand
                              Price: GBP125
                              Delivery Charge: to be advised
                              Wood: Ash
                              Tip size: 9.5mm
                              length: 57"
                              weight: around 17.3-18oz

Comment

Working...
                              X