Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well if there good enough for a young ROS

Comment

ROS may well have had a Mac, Shaun Murphy used to play in the Rushden leagues with Mac when he was about 13 yrs old so he probably did at some point too.
      The day I picked my new cue out of the rack in his garage (workshop) in the early 1990's Doug Mountjoys phone number was on a post it note pinned tho the wall behind the desk (funny how you remember things like that) and the local rumours were that lots of the worlds top pro's used Macs services.
      Back then I had 2 other friends who had Mac cues and 1 who had a John Parris. The macs were every bit as good as the Parris.
      Over 20 years on it still gets used for occasional games of pool and it is still just as much a joy to use as it ever was.
      God bless you Mac. You were a gentleman and a craftsman.
      Do Junior Members get a discount?

Comment

iv only ever see one chambers cue and its the best hand made cue iv ever see. a model of influence

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          iv only ever see one chambers cue and its the best hand made cue iv ever see. a model of influence
          I've never seen one, nor has anyone I Know. Sounds interesting.

Deano, when did Ronnie use one, in his teens or early professional days?

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
            I've never seen one, nor has anyone I Know. Sounds interesting.

Deano, when did Ronnie use one, in his teens or early professional days?
            sorry never found our for sure and only told "young", he turn pro at 17 (IIRC) so possibly when he turned pro - or he never had one in the first place.

nikki, thanks for the info
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I thought Ronnie had a Parris even before he turned pro? I'm sure I read somewhere that his dad took him along to John when he was a kid. That will be one for someone to ring John and ask

Comment

Originally Posted by LucLex3119 View Post
                I thought Ronnie had a Parris even before he turned pro? I'm sure I read somewhere that his dad took him along to John when he was a kid. That will be one for someone to ring John and ask
                you maybe right
                does not stop Ronnie having other cues?
                I repeat, he MAY have had a Chambers cue.

Comment

He also used a Burwat Champion cue

Comment

Yep I have found references to Burwat Champ and JP, but nothing about Chambers (or any other make either) but my listings for that period is not complete.

Comment

He used an Osborne cue as well .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        He used an Osborne cue as well .
                        Would that be one of those rare made my Osborne cues? Lol

Comment

His main cue for many years was a burwat champion that was modified a few times by parris cues, its the one he made the 5:20 147 with. He switched to a 1 piece parris a year or 2 later.

Comment

I was at Macs in the late 80's picking a cue up and he had just come back from a weekend away with his wife at Ronnies, Ronnie and his Dad had turned up with about 200 old cues and said "can you sort some good ones out of this lot". He said a car had been sent up to Rushden to pick himself and his wife up, and they had a lovely weekend at the O'Sullivans.

Comment

Working...
                            X