No announcement yet.

Cue Contest - John Parris Ultimate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'd be sending your 'ultimate' back. The veneer bleeding into the ebony is pretty poor, to be honest I have never seen a cue that has the veneer bleeding into the ebony !
    Oh I have on plenty and I won't be returning it, I will likely be selling it. Hype or not, Ultimate's command a premium and this one is a certified fresh of the line ultimate.

Comment

I am not a Parris basher - think they turn out some great cues but I would send that back - that is awful and I have seen better workmanship in much cheaper cues - an ultimate should be that - I am surprised this got past his checks that he is supposed to do on his cues.

By the way your snooker room is lovely - hate you

Comment

How would you say that the MAC CUE fairs in the cue contest.
        Ultimately is all about how the cue plays but cost and waiting time for a custom made cue are considerable factors.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Cue Contest - John Parris Ultimate...

The Mac cue caused me to not part with silly money on a cue outside my specs... I loved it... Still do actually.

Outside of the main hitters, I have sent plenty of work to the MAC lab

4 in my club play with them

Comment

feel i have to play devils advocate here - ......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              The Mac cue caused me to not part with silly money on a cue outside my specs... I loved it... Still do actually.

Outside of the main hitters, I have sent plenty of work to the MAC lab

4 in my club play with them
              Thanks so much for your comments. It really means a lot to me.
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

I think my JO is much much better than this cue.... the craftsmanship, appearance........ IMO. Sorry to say that ~~~
                I never play with a John Parris cue but I have seen a few..... maybe they are good in the quality of the woods instead of craftsmanship & appearance.

A premium John Parris hand made cue made by NOBODY... correct me if I'm wrong.

No offense to John Parris cue lovers.... SORRY.

Cheers ~~~~~
                Last edited by kadobau; 2 July 2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

It doesn't offend me to say what's blatantly obvious.

But, as the advocate had shown... There are some finer examples of JPU's around.

Still, JPU's hold their value better than any other cue you can buy.

Comment

JPU's hold their value better than any other cue you can buy.
                    well, 1st edition Ye Olde Ash, excepted. . .

But I know what you mean. .

Do the JPU cues on ebay at the £1200 - upwards ever actually sell at that price ?

When I add them to my watch list, they never seem to attract bids / sales
                    ( or do they complete outwith ebay to avoid their cut ) ?

Comment

I meant what you can order from new.

I would assume they get sold away from ebay.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        well, 1st edition Ye Olde Ash, excepted. . .

But I know what you mean. .

Do the JPU cues on ebay at the £1200 - upwards ever actually sell at that price ?

When I add them to my watch list, they never seem to attract bids / sales
                        ( or do they complete outwith ebay to avoid their cut ) ?
                        Didn't think there was such thing as a "first edition" Ye olde ash.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          Didn't think there was such thing as a "first edition" Ye olde ash.
                          Some bedtime reading. I'll be asking qustions tomorrow .

http://www.thecuecollector.com/YeOldeAsh2ndEdition.html

http://www.cuesnviews.co.uk/andyhunt...esandwatts.htm

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                            I've seen these articles before and would like to know who came up with the first edition & second edition names because burroughes and watts didn't.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              I've seen these articles before and would like to know who came up with the first edition & second edition names because burroughes and watts didn't.
                              Does it really matter ?? it's just a way of distinguishing between the different types

Comment

Still, JPU's hold their value better than any other cue you can buy.
                                100% agreed... But I always think that value should comes with quality. Isn't it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X