No announcement yet.

Cue Contest - John Parris Ultimate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% agreed... But I always think that value should comes with quality. Isn't it ?
    Supply and demand my friend.

The way it is and the way it always will be.

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
      100% agreed... But I always think that value should comes with quality. Isn't it ?
      Without people looking at the badge mate most people wouldn't have the foggiest what stick they are playing with.

Comment

Most people wouldn't...

However, I can tell the difference between my MAC, Wooldridge and TW... It has been tested.

Odd thing...

Best for long pots - MW
        Best for the rest - MAC
        Best to play with - TW

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          Most people wouldn't...

However, I can tell the difference between my MAC, Wooldridge and TW... It has been tested.

Odd thing...

Best for long pots - MW
          Best for the rest - MAC
          Best to play with - TW
          Very interesting observations. If someone can figure out why each of these cues have those characteristics we may have the perfect playing cue.

Comment

All cues are different... Each of the cues I ordered have identical specs... It's just not possible to replicate anything other than dimensions.

Even if you could, the tips would still play differently.

Comment

Most people wouldn't...

Odd thing...

Best for long pots - MW
              Best for the rest - MAC
              Best to play with - TW
              Maybe Pottr you haven't found the correct all round cue for your game. You may have to search elsewhere.

Comment

No thanks, I'm happy with my TW.

Comment

pottr:

If you ever have a chance to try out one of those Mezz snooker cues from Japan let me know. I was considering buying one but with shipping and duty it would come to over $1,000 and that's a little heavy for an experiment and I'm saving up to go to India late in the year for the worlds.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    pottr:

If you ever have a chance to try out one of those Mezz snooker cues from Japan let me know. I was considering buying one but with shipping and duty it would come to over $1,000 and that's a little heavy for an experiment and I'm saving up to go to India late in the year for the worlds.

Terry
                    Yes!!! Now that would be good to have a review from someone on here who could purchase one!

My thread on them here pottr......

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=50513
                    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Supply and demand my friend.

The way it is and the way it always will be.

Shouldn't affect quality though
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

No thanks, I'm happy with my TW.
                        Fair enough mate but in a way you have still lost me. I always thought the perfect cue should fit your whole game not just certain pots.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          I always thought the perfect cue should fit your whole game not just certain pots.
                          It is like trying to find the perfect woman!

Us men will go on for years searching for her and while ones do come along that tick a few boxes very rarely do some tick ALL!! That perfect Cue is no different!

I am still searching for my 5' 8" Brunette bombshell with perfect C Cup boobs , long legs , long straight hair , Brown eyes , nice flawless skin , happy to wear stilettos all day with Black leggings and tight tops , has dinner ready when i walk in the door after work everyday , does everything in the bedroom , perfect mother for our kids and lets me spend whatever i want on a Snooker table and room while being able to play her self!!

I reckon i have 3-4 of those things current with my current misses but the search goes on much like that elusive Cue!
                          If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Perfection is unattainable... It's not like I'm losing sleep over it Leo.

I'm certainly not taking on a long shot and thinking... "should I switch cues?"

When I played with the MW, I noticed a remarkable improvement in my long potting consistency... With the Mac cue, it just felt balanced perfectly when I was playing with the rest.

These differences may well even be in my head by the way.

Comment

Perfection is unattainable... It's not like I'm losing sleep over it Leo.

I'm certainly not taking on a long shot and thinking... "should I switch cues?"

When I played with the MW, I noticed a remarkable improvement in my long potting consistency... With the Mac cue, it just felt balanced perfectly when I was playing with the rest.

These differences may well even be in my head by the way.
                              You could be on to something there pottr.

Similar to the golf bag & clubs, you could be limited to a cue bag with 4 cues.

Willie Thorne could then droll on about how he wouldn't pick that cue for that shot,
                              then explain how it was still wrong, after you knock the middle to long pot into the center of the pocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X