To good to be true ? probably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To good to be true ? probably

A couple of cues caught my eye recently, any thoughts ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snooker-Cu...item2591a383f7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/selling-pr...item3f38b72f14

Osborne - the seller Jack Douglas is on TSF is he not? Shame about the badge, could be fixed I imagine.
    YOA - very clean badge and if real would be the second issue with the non-red-ash stock; if fake/replica, a very good copy.
    Last edited by DeanH; 5 July 2014, 07:54 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

To good to be true ? probably

The YOA is a replica from either of the Tonys - Ions maybe???

The Osborne belongs to a member here and you may be able to find some back story and opinions with a little searching here
      On Cue Facebook Page
      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

If not an original, my vote would be a Glover replica - not Ions, but it is not being sold as a replica, so...

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          The YOA is a replica from either of the Tonys - Ions maybe???

The Osborne belongs to a member here and you may be able to find some back story and opinions with a little searching here
          How can you be so sure on the Ye ?? can you see clues ??
          Re the Osbourne, i asked about the badge as something looks drastically wrong to me (but i could be wrong) i was referred to another member on here but didn't follow it up

Comment

The nonpareil cue that is being sold along with the YOA also looks to be a good replica if not the real mcCoy
            http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161357215...84.m1438.l2649

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              If not an original, my vote would be a Glover replica - not Ions, but it is not being sold as a replica, so...
              Why do you think that Dean ?, share your thoughts

Comment

Price on both cues is very reasonable whether they are replicas or not.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Why do you think that Dean ?, share your thoughts
                  Ions badges that I have seen, the font appears just a tad thicker (and I am not talking about the double-outline font ) and the spacing between words and the badge edges/screws is also different from the originals as well as Glover's copies, so based on those I don't think it is a Ions copy - IF it is a replica.

Comment

I believed it was a replica on looking from the comfort of my bed on my phone based on the appearance of the badge, the finish on the butt and the belief that I had seen this cue sold before as a replica on ebay back in October. Having had a much closer look on the laptop and using the zoom function on ebay it could be an original or a reworked cue or even an old broom handle for all I know. It's still nice
                    On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

He has done well to get that far with this listing, I just hope it isn't anyone from here bidding based on it being an Osborne cue You notice the very cleverly positioned piece of chalk to block the butt joint

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/selling-pr...d=662547620497
                      On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                        He has done well to get that far with this listing, I just hope it isn't anyone from here bidding based on it being an Osborne cue You notice the very cleverly positioned piece of chalk to block the butt joint

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/selling-pr...d=662547620497
                        Yeah i noticed the chalk strategically positioned
                        Really bad form not to mention fitting this badge to an "unknown" cue, but he did mention having no proof of authenticity, but still, not good

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Yeah i noticed the chalk strategically positioned
                          Really bad form not to mention fitting this badge to an "unknown" cue, but he did mention having no proof of authenticity, but still, not good
                          Perhaps taking photos with the case closed may have been better He seemed like a decent enough chap did Jack Douglas, perhaps he will set us straight.
                          On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Ohh dear ! £466.78 for a dodgy cue + £17.50 post gulp

Comment

[QUOTE=jrc750;789266]Ohh dear ! £466.78 for a dodgy cue + £17.50 post gulp[/QUOTE
                              Exactly what I thought. Hope buyer didnt get done, but.................

Comment

Working...
                              X