Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Why do you think that Dean ?, share your thoughts
    I'm with Dean, the badge looks like it's plonked on the cue rather than a part of it.. but then again I like to call every YOA a potential replica!..
    On a seperate note if someone above thinks £350 is reasonable for a replica I'm putting the £40 badge on every hand spliced cue I come accross and pocketing the £250 profit...

The main indicator that something is not 100% is the price, both well under the market value for genuine cues.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Jack done a clever job, as he didn't mention any words of Robert Osborne cue, therefore everyone thought they found a bargain secretly and willing to pay a fortune for a cue without badge. But the buyer may had a bargain, who knows what cue it is.

Comment

A cue without a badge could be anything !!
        Jack should be well ashamed, just tried to tell me it was a different cue, but it's not everyday you get 2 cues with EXACTLY the same grain pattern ehh

Comment

Also hate when someone says its a certain cue with no badge/proof. Like butters. You only have sellers word and if no proof resale value will be hit. There are people on tsf i wouldnt hesitste to buy from, but ebay? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trevor-Whi...item27e6f16d7c a case in point. If you can prove its fake (contact cue maker), with paypal, can get money back but otherwise, could be expensive error of judgement.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            I'm with Dean, the badge looks like it's plonked on the cue rather than a part of it.. but then again I like to call every YOA a potential replica!..
            On a seperate note if someone above thinks £350 is reasonable for a replica I'm putting the £40 badge on every hand spliced cue I come accross and pocketing the £250 profit...

The main indicator that something is not 100% is the price, both well under the market value for genuine cues.
            Highlighted above is exactly where Tony Glover is at fault, he should not sell badges to people to put on what cue they like, if he makes a replica badge it should have some symbol or wording on it

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Highlighted above is exactly where Tony Glover is at fault, he should not sell badges to people to put on what cue they like, if he makes a replica badge it should have some symbol or wording on it
              Ha ha mate - you know anyone who has got Tony to do this??
              On Cue Facebook Page
              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                ...The main indicator that something is not 100% is the price, both well under the market value for genuine cues.
                Not always reliable tho, what if owner doesn't know the value ???

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                  Ha ha mate - you know anyone who has got Tony to do this??
                  Only rumours so not going to say, but Tony freely offers to make badges for people
                  I got him to make one for my Sinbin wooly cue, but not quite the same thing as i didn't copy his actual badge, just the extension logo, and if sold i will tell people the full story behind it. Cue, extensions and getting badge fitted cost me a total of just under £400, and is my "one"

Comment

To good to be true ? probably

Only messing mate
                    On Cue Facebook Page
                    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

I must admit I have a couple of cues with no badge in them and it has crossed my mind to just stick them on ebay with a poor description and let peoples imaginiation fill in the blanks. But would never dream of sticking a fake badge on, pure and simple fraud at the end of the day, and if Tony isn't marking them as replica, surely he's profiting from copyright infringment?
                      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

If Robert Osborne repaired a cue , he would not put a blackplate badge into the cue .

Also the taper looks wrong for a Osborne cue in my opinion , but I could be wrong .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

have been playing snooker over 30 years and owned, played with and tried cues by every top cue maker and a lot of their products have left a lot to be desired have owned a machine spliced catalogue cue that had a good an ash shaft that I have seen on any cue and that was also opinion of a gentleman called alan braithewiathe who many years ago was one of the few snooker cue suppliers around and also reffed people like alex Higgins davis etc. I mention this point because price and badge are no substitute for actual quality, the cue listed is as good a cue as I have owned and or tried, I have no proof its an Osborne and stated that it came from my father in law who was has no reason to mislead me, repair/alteration was not done by Robert Osborne and pictures where not meant to deceive by clever positioning of anything, I have been on ebay for over 12 years and have a feedback score of over 1200 with 100% positive feedback, I was offered £250 for cue and would have took that but because I already had bidders did honourable thing and let auction run, if buyer dosent like cue then he will get a full refund including postage which is more than some of the clowns on here have done when they have sold me balsa wood and or use ebay to advertise goods then pull listing after getting an offer, or what others do arrange a sale then say sorry been offered more to bump up price.
                          hope this puts your minds at rest over my intentions, if not what a shame but soon be another poor innocent will be subject of your expertise and knowledge and general vindictiveness
                          Craftsman custom made cue
                          57 inches
                          17 ounces
                          9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                          ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Originally Posted by jack_dougles View Post
                            ... I have no proof its an Osborne ....
                            But you put an Osbourne badge into an unbadged cue, but you forgot to mention that in your ad, therefore people think you are selling an Osbourne cue !!!

Comment

What a D***

Comment

I hate to be that guy, but I thought the description sounded familiar.
                                Check out post no. 12 http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...427#post768427
                                & no. 16 http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...537#post768537

Comment

Working...
                                X