No announcement yet.

To good to be true ? probably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that you can tell how many owners a James Butters Cue has had by taking the price being asked for it and count back in £20 chunks until you get to £120 and that is the amount of owners its had, as each time the cue gets sold the price always goes up!
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
      I know that you can tell how many owners a James Butters Cue has had by taking the price being asked for it and count back in £20 chunks until you get to £120 and that is the amount of owners its had, as each time the cue gets sold the price always goes up!
      LOL. the man ain't lying . .

There's also a way of telling if your Travis cue has been owned by Crispian in the past, but it's complicated.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
        Or from me.

Yes, point taken andy, but if I bought and then tried to sell no-one knows me. So could buy for £230 say, when I sell what I say is a butters unbadged cue no-one would know if I'm telling the truth and I'd be lucky to get even half my money back. Nice cues you have on ebay btw. Been debating whether to bid, anyone wanting a cue take a look.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
          Yes, point taken andy, but if I bought and then tried to sell no-one knows me. So could buy for £230 say, when I sell what I say is a butters unbadged cue no-one would know if I'm telling the truth and I'd be lucky to get even half my money back. Nice cues you have on ebay btw. Been debating whether to bid, anyone wanting a cue take a look.
          Thing is tho unbadged Butters cues sell for £80 to £120 max usually, (exceptions of course) so if you are buying one for £230 you are paying way too much !!!

Comment

You just beat me to it jrc750

Comment

Lol fair point.

Comment

But the exact same cue with a badge could well be £230

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  But the exact same cue with a badge could well be £230
                  I keep telling the man that but he is not interested.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                    He uses Canadian Ash in his cues - so they are worth the 200 and odd pounds - best having a badged one though to be sure to be sure.

Comment

They all use canadian ash,that's what north american means

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                        They all use canadian ash,that's what north american means
                        That must mean James's cues are all made in the north of England then, as by your logic thats what Scottish means! Lol
                        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Sorry but north american is canadian ash nothing to do with my logic!

Comment

canada is not in north america, canada is canada, they've got there own flag and everything!
                            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

North America is a continent, Canada is part of it.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                                canada is not in north america, canada is canada, they've got there own flag and everything!
                                Maybe you should go back to School

Comment

Working...
                                X