Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linseed oil raw application instructions (HELP PLEASE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linseed oil raw application instructions (HELP PLEASE)

evening guys recently bought linseed oil raw after being told it would protect my cue ect.......

iv applied one coat on it about hour or so ago said 15-20 minutes then take excess off but wouldnt it be better if i lefted it on over night and wiped the rest off in the morning

regards

ryan

Best to take most of it off and just leave a very very light coating on overnight, otherwise it will get very sticky and a nightmare to remove

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Best to take most of it off and just leave a very very light coating on overnight, otherwise it will get very sticky and a nightmare to remove
      Its the first time using it hence why i asked iv just wiped most of it off now and left a very light coat on to dry how long roughly would it take to dry completely?

my next match isnt untill sunday evening anyway but usually practise during day buy wont be playing till about sunday morning/afternoon

Regards

Ryan.B

Comment

Probably depends how dry your cue was, some people never put oil on at all, it's best to do it lightly, don't really wait for it to dry, just give it a good buffing

Comment

Probably depends how dry your cue was, some people never put oil on at all, it's best to do it lightly, don't really wait for it to dry, just give it a good buffing
          buffing with what excactly im new to all of this haha

use furniture polish?
          just polish cloth?
          machine buffer?

ryan

Comment

I use a bar towel/cue cloth

Comment

I use a bar towel/cue cloth
              sweet best to do it tomorrow during the day or can i do it now?

ryan

Comment

Do it now if i were you, you may not like the feeling it gives, and can add more tomoz if you want and buff it again

Comment

Do it now if i were you, you may not like the feeling it gives, and can add more tomoz if you want and buff it again

done it now ill leave it over night to dry if it needs anymore then ill put more on dooubt it will though thank you for your fast reply and your help buddy highly appreciate it

ryan

Comment

What cue is it?

I assume it was not varnished finished before you applied the oil?

That will leave a sticky mess.

Comment

Working...
                    X