GBL Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBL Cues

This has probably been said on more than a few occasions but, for anyone outside the U.K. looking for a quality cue, I'll quickly share my experience. Emailed Green Baize last Thursday with a request and specs for a cue. Ended up talking to Stu personally as he seems to answer the phone most of the time. He had something close but, would need to make a slight alteration to suit me. Last night I was playing with my new GBL C1 cue at the club. Not only did he make the alteration and have the cue in my hands in Ottawa, ON Canada in just six days, but this is the sweetest hitting cue I've ever used. Cannot say enough about Stu and his team over at Green Baize. So for anyone outside of the U.K. looking for a quality cue but is a little anxious about putting up money without trying, Green Baize turned out to be a great move for me.

Stu is an extremely helpful and nice person to deal with. And the cues are such great quality. If people could get over the badge snobbery thing and wanted a cue for just playing and not to make a quick profit - the big cue makers long waiting lists would soon start reducing.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
      Stu is an extremely helpful and nice person to deal with. And the cues are such great quality. If people could get over the badge snobbery thing and wanted a cue for just playing and not to make a quick profit - the big cue makers long waiting lists would soon start reducing.
      Totally agree i play with a gbl cue and I've found no faults whatsoever.as for snobbery without the forum most wouldn't buy them where putting pics up on here of their new 800 pound cue is where they get their buzz from.

Ps it is entirely up these individuals what they spend their money on though
      Last edited by Leo; 11 July 2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

A couple of m8's have GBL cues. They both love them and play awesome too! Excellent value for money.. The build quality ( they are 1pc's ) is second to none and give a quality hit everytime! Stu has good knowledge when it comes to cues and is very helpful and professional.. Can't go wrong with a GBL for the prices they sell at!

Comment

Agreed !! GBL cue is really good and value for money )

Comment

Do you play at the Orange Monkey? I play there when I visit my brother in Gatineau, nice that there are still a few places to play in the Ottawa area.
            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
              Do you play at the Orange Monkey? I play there when I visit my brother in Gatineau, nice that there are still a few places to play in the Ottawa area.
              Yup, that's the place. They just re-covered the tables. They're playing pretty nice right now. I haven't been in Ottawa that long. Are there other places to play snooker on the Gatineau side?

Comment

Yes, there is a place with one table, right down town, buy a big beer and play as long as you want for 3 dollars, now wonder the quebec players are so good. lol will look up the name next time im over there.
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                  Yes, there is a place with one table, right down town, buy a big beer and play as long as you want for 3 dollars, now wonder the quebec players are so good. lol will look up the name next time im over there.
                  I believe the place in Gatineau is called Billard Super 8 (on Maloney Street).

Comment

Working...
                  X