Andy Hunter on making cues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Hunter on making cues.

Andy has made some videos,might upset a few cue makers haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZGlmNkwtYc

that vid wouldn't upset me if i was making cues

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      that vid wouldn't upset me if i was making cues
      probably cos most of them think they are part of the handful

Comment

Acuerate + Gravity Cue + Mike Wooldridge + Tricues.PNG

There are allot of cue maker these days, but sofar by the best im pick right now were this one.. its a great ideas if someone out there could combine this technology insted of keep it saparately to company..
        imagine all of the benefit that player need could be achieve just in one cue stick..

fairuz

Comment

Originally Posted by TexasTrev View Post
          probably cos most of them think they are part of the handful
          yeah maybe but there was nothing revealing, not for tsf anyway, he was repeating himself and only really promoted thurstons, mentioning them three times

Comment

How do you get hold of andy to order a cue??

Comment

Wonder why he mentioned Thurston's so many times when you don't see any at all for sale ???
              plus i know it doesn't really matter but his splicing's were a mile out, i certainly wouldn't buy one of his cues !
              Edit: plus i once emailed him once asking for advice on a cue (as he freely advises on his website) i received no answer, in my mind he is ignorant and deserves no respect, it takes 10 seconds to reply, no excuse at all
              Last edited by jrc750; 12 July 2014, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Don't Thurstons just sell Peradons?
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Wonder why he mentioned Thurston's so many times when you don't see any at all for sale ???
                  plus i know it doesn't really matter but his splicing's were a mile out, i certainly wouldn't buy one of his cues !
                  Edit: plus i once emailed him once asking for advice on a cue (as he freely advises on his website) i received no answer, in my mind he is ignorant and deserves no respect, it takes 10 seconds to reply, no excuse at all
                  Have you ever played with one of his cues jrc?? I saw one on ebay, quite expensive i thoight for cue maker i hadnt really heard of. Just wondered if his cue are any good?

Comment

Not really a lot of info there. If you're a world expert (which he is) you'd surely out a bit more planning into that, a script for example?

Comment

Maybe i should add i bought an old cue off one of his "friends" which i suspected was a replica, i asked for advice on it before selling it, i got no answer, speaks volumes to me, adr gave me some story about him being unable to work computer or something, funny that

Comment

Maybe i should add i bought an old cue off one of his "friends" which i suspected was a replica, i asked for advice on it before selling it, i got no answer, speaks volumes to me, adr gave me some story about him being unable to work computer or something, funny that
                        Not good that. A poor show. Robert Osborne, Robin Cook and Parris cues replied when i emailed them about cues i bought from other sources other than their own sites. I think any decent cue maker should reply to queries to limit possibility of fakes or possibility of fraud. Also shows good after care for cutomers who bought, then sold cues on.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                          How do you get hold of andy to order a cue??
                          Andy makes very few cues and I don't think he makes them for the general public.

Which website? The Cue Collector?? The site is run by Gordon Radford as Andy is unable to write due to dyslexia.

Andy is an expert on antique cues and really knows his stuff.

I have one of his cues and it is a lovely playing cue.

There is an Andy Hunter cue for sale on ebay at the minute being sold by Blackswancues :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDY-HUNTE...item1c4313ceeb

The advert does say "Any questions on the cue please ask and I will pass them onto Andy".

There is another thread on Andy Hunter here:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ht=andy+hunter
                          Last edited by mythman69; 13 July 2014, 01:52 AM.
                          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Hi,

Andy Hunter is undoubtably one of the nicest blokes you will ever speak to and his knowledge of 'Antique cues' is second to none, unfortunately he suffers from Dyslexia where replying to emails or even texts can be a struggle for him, he is also 'not' well known for his computer skills where many of my emails to him have gone astray due to him accidentally deleting them.

Andy will speak to anyone by phone where you'll see his true passion take over, he'll explain certain cues and ask for photos and answer any questions you ask and will give you the correct advice accordingly.

When it comes to Andy making cues he does this as a hobby but he's no hobbyist cue maker so to speak as his cues are of excellent quality yet only sold when they past the test which involves himself giving the cue a few hours on the practice table.

I'll stand by my post and challenge anyone to telephone Andy and you'll see he's in no way an ignorant person, just a passionate person who knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Don't Thurstons just sell Peradons?
                              Peradon and Thurston are both trading names owned by Peter Clare and essentially the same company.

Comment

Working...
                              X