Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    good news

many use very fine wire wool to clean brass ferrules and joints, I have used Brasso wadding in the past.

Thanks Rogi/old school
    I thought so, £15 + delivery from Greenbaize, bargin.

Cheers for that, i'll dig out some brasso wadding, i'm sure i have some around here somewhere.

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
    I have my old playing cue, a powerglide which is centre jointed and 3/4 jointed and the minibutt screwed into the 3/4 joint for this reason.
    Nice, i probably should have kept the other cue i had, but it was a cheap and very poorly made piece of junk.

Come Tuesdsay i'll have the mini butt, just in time to test it out in a league game.

Oh and damn you Old School, you've now got me eying up a new one piece cue.
    Andi Mack

Comment

With the wadding be careful of not getting the "dirty" wadding smudges on the wood.
      And don't forget the paper tissues to wipe the brasso off to buff.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        With the wadding be careful of not getting the "dirty" wadding smudges on the wood.
        And don't forget the paper tissues to wipe the brasso off to buff.
        Cheers,

I'll masking tape off the wood so i don't get any brasso on it.

I'll probably use a few different terry towels to buff, as i have bucket loads of them.
        Andi Mack

Comment

Lot easier and safer to just use wire wool ???

Comment

TSF gets in your blood , you are hooked now . p.s. I have used Brasso , to clean joints and ferrules in the past as well , really easy and simple to use.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
              TSF gets in your blood , you are hooked now . p.s. I have used Brasso , to clean joints and ferrules in the past as well , really easy and simple to use.
              LOL, i already have 2 decent cues, 1 for pool and 1 for snooker. Will hold off till i get the mini butt and see how i play with it, if it doesn't feel right then i'm blaming you when i buy a new one .

I taped the wood off and used the brasso wadding and some terry towels and the joints are all shiny new now.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and knowledge.
              Andi Mack

Comment

Working...
              X