Genuine O'Min nearly ready!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine O'Min nearly ready!!

I recently in the last month came across a contact in Thailand i am using to get my hands on an original Thai made O'Min " Perfect " Cue. I have always liked O'Min cues but i have been very wary of the Chinese rip offs who are sticking O'Min badges on a heap of cheap cues and flogging them off as the real thing.

Anyway i have found a person online who is in direct contact with O'Min and visits his cue making factory in Thailand every week so i asked him for a Cue to be made for me by old man O'Min himself! He agreed and i have been waiting close to a month now but it is now completed and close to being shipped to me this week. I do have photos with my contact and O'Min himself but i am unable to post pictures of other people without their consent for obvious reasons.

Basic specs are,

3/4 Qtr
    58'
    9.5 mm tip
    18oz

Varnished Butt and an oil finish on the shaft only with an Omin Red Tip currently fitted from factory, progress pictures of the Cue here.....

Compressed 6.jpg

Last 2 pictures are the finished Cue while on the table in Thailand awaiting to be packed and shipped off to me! Cannot wait to finally have it in my hands and see how she plays.
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Why did you go for the varnished butt out of curiosity? The O'min cue i had had an oil finished shaft and butt and felt superb.

Comment

Only one pic ???

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
        Why did you go for the varnished butt out of curiosity? The O'min cue i had had an oil finished shaft and butt and felt superb.

I like the varnished But! No Varnish on shaft though, just my personal preferance.

I don't know what happened with the pics i will try them again!

Comment

Compressed.jpgCompressed 2.jpgCompressed 3.jpg

Comment

Compressed 4.jpgCompressed 5.jpgCompressed 6.jpg

Comment

Well done for tracking him dowm. Good luck with the cue looks very nice.
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                Well done for tracking him dowm. Good luck with the cue looks very nice.
                Came about by accident actually as i was browsing another forum!! I love O'Min Cues but it is so hard to tell if you have got a genuine and i am 100% positive i have now which is what i wanted. Unless i went to Thailand myself which will not be happening for a while i was very cautious when buying an O'Min online blindly as there are a heap of copies out there.

I am rapt though that i have finally got one and it is getting posted to me this afternoon (Thai time) or tomorrow. Hopefully the former!

Comment

Best of luck with it Chappy, I hope it's exactly what you want.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Best of luck with it Chappy, I hope it's exactly what you want.
                    Cheers and so do i!! :snooker:

Comment

Wow., one of the Lucky ones that got an Order. Not easy to do that business in English with him. (Except you have someone in Thai Helping)

May be i should make special deals with the Thai Cue Makers in Thailand to provide Translation for the UK. :tongue:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cmbrstefan View Post
                        Wow., one of the Lucky ones that got an Order. Not easy to do that business in English with him. (Except you have someone in Thai Helping)

May be i should make special deals with the Thai Cue Makers in Thailand to provide Translation for the UK. :tongue:
                        Yep!

I cannot thank my contact enough and it got posted today as well!! He even sent me Pics from the post office all wrapped up and inside a tube with my address on it!! Tracking orders the whole lot and i should have it in around 3-5 business days.

Comment

It arrived today via Courier and honestly i am rapt with it. Plays beautifully and i am getting use the to Red O'min tip that is quite hard but is very responsive and easy to get the Cue ball dancing all around the table.

IMG_0982.JPGIMG_0976.jpg
                          Last edited by Chappy5; 4 August 2014, 02:17 AM.

Comment

IMG_0984.jpg987 compressed.jpgshaft comp.jpgtip comp.jpgflipped.jpg
                            Last edited by Chappy5; 4 August 2014, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Looks very nice chappy, glad its not all looks and plays well too. I like the chevrons, will you leave them as they are or darken them up tom jones style?

Comment

Working...
                              X