Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering On Cue Tips

Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether any of you actually buy cue tips made for pool cues and use it on your snooker? Will there be any difference?

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
    Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether any of you actually buy cue tips made for pool cues and use it on your snooker? Will there be any difference?
    I bought a G2 tip and played for a while with it which is a laminated Pool tip. It comes in 13mm so it took a little time to trim down on a 9.5mm ferulle and it played quite well. The only reason i took it off was because it was a fraction to hard for me even though it was a soft rated, i must say nearly every laminated Tip i have tried they have come off after 1 month while an Elk goes back on!!!

This is just me though but i have still not found a Tip that comes close to a good Elk Master and i have tried a heap. The feel of a good Elk when you search the box for one that is not to soft and put it on is magnificent!! You just have to avoid the Chinese copies and buy a box so you can pick and choose the decent ones or even compress them yourself before fitting.

Elks are still my No.1.
    Last edited by Chappy5; 4 August 2014, 07:47 AM.
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
      I bought a G2 tip and played for a while with it which is a laminated Pool tip. It comes in 13mm so it took a little time to trim down on a 9.5mm ferulle and it played quite well. The only reason i took it off was because it was a fraction to hard for me even though it was a soft rated, i must say nearly every laminated Tip i have tried they have come off after 1 month while an Elk goes back on!!!

This is just me though but i have still not found a Tip that comes close to a good Elk Master and i have tried a heap. The feel of a good Elk when you search the box for one that is not to soft and put it on is magnificent!! You just have to avoid the Chinese copies and buy a box so you can pick and choose the decent ones or even compress them yourself before fitting.

Elks are still my No.1.
      Arh okay. The G2s actually come in snooker sizing though.

I'm asking because I've shot with a good milkdud on a pool cue so wondering whether there's any difference when the tip is trimmed down to a small size.

Comment

Elks are still my No.1.

or if you don't like sorting through the box find an elk thats about 13 mm and trim that to your cue, granted it will take an age to do, but it works really well

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
          Arh okay. The G2s actually come in snooker sizing though.

I'm asking because I've shot with a good milkdud on a pool cue so wondering whether there's any difference when the tip is trimmed down to a small size.
          I doubt it and the Tip is the Tip, it is what it is.
          If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

I doubt it and the Tip is the Tip, it is what it is.
            Thank you so much.

Imo, most if not all laminated layer tips definitely hit harder than block tips. Of course this is not taking into factor Granite Pro tips. I felt the G2 was awesome though. Haha.

Comment

Working...
            X