John parris canon cue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John parris canon cue??

Can anyone verify this ??? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Made me chuckle, but then i don't know for sure lol

Comment

ive just sold 2 of theses cues to j6uk so i hope not

Comment

That case is not £100 worth either, looks like those £29 delivered jobbies !!

Comment

No, utter rubbish. JP has never worked for anyone making cues. Only ever started out messing about with cues in his garage from about 1984 and did little repairs before trying his hand at making cues himself.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            No, utter rubbish. JP has never worked for anyone making cues. Only ever started out messing about with cues in his garage from about 1984 and did little repairs before trying his hand at making cues himself.
            Thats what I thought. This is the reply I got from the seller:

Hi. If you google pariss and cannon people will relate to this man working at cannon and making match cues like this. .
            I bought it in the 80's and can't remember which exact year. I paid loads then for it.
            I had this cue refurbished last year to have the some black grain added to it as it was fading slightly and the company I used told me straight away it was john parris cue I asked about the cannon labelling but they said. No it's the real thing before he went on his own. Then putting his name on cues but couldn't with these as he was making them for cannon at the time.
            Google old match cue for cannon
            Google old match cue for parris.
            Hope this helps but it's all I have on the information.

According to him the refurb was done by Bristol cue service.

He also sent me this: http://surreypool.com/viewtopic.php?topic=68&forum=10

Comment

Yep pure and simple BS, desperately looking to try and link this cue to Parris and thinking that he can make a good profit.

Even if Parris himself worked for Cannon, there is still no proof that he made this particular cue which there would have been hundreds made. So his story doesn't add up, I've spoken to JP many times and I know how he started out from a garage at home, he had a joinery background and played a bit of snooker and started tinkering about with cues, doing repairs, changing ferrules etc. He got quite popular and did work for Steve Davis on his old cue as he lived close to Davis, word got around, then JP tried his hand at making cues and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Yep pure and simple BS, desperately looking to try and link this cue to Parris and thinking that he can make a good profit.

Even if Parris himself worked for Cannon, there is still no proof that he made this particular cue which there would have been hundreds made. So his story doesn't add up, I've spoken to JP many times and I know how he started out from a garage at home, he had a joinery background and played a bit of snooker and started tinkering about with cues, doing repairs, changing ferrules etc. He got quite popular and did work for Steve Davis on his old cue as he lived close to Davis, word got around, then JP tried his hand at making cues and the rest is history.
                Agreed what a load of B.S. Hope no one is daft enough to pay that price and get fooled into thinking they have an early Parris made cue.

As a matter of interest what is the actual value of one of these cannon cues? still a nice cue in its own right.
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

it is a peradon cue - load of old tosh.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    it is a peradon cue - load of old tosh.
                    Thought the early Peradon cues were classed as good and it was the later ones that were crap. Obviously got that one wrong. Have Peradon never had a good reputation for producing good cues then Andrew?
                    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

the early ones (1900s-1950/60s) can be good but into the 70/90s can be hit /miss
                      With respect to Cannon, as a friend said to me recently,"anything Peradon didnt like, they put the Cannon badge on"
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        the early ones (1900s-1950/60s) can be good but into the 70/90s can be hit /miss
                        With respect to Cannon, as a friend said to me recently,"anything Peradon didnt like, they put the Cannon badge on"
                        Thanks for that Dean, I'll know to stay well clear of those then.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                          Thanks for that Dean, I'll know to stay well clear of those then.
                          not saying it is true, just his "opinion/comment"
                          I refurbed an old Cannon cue with the three-ball badge, all ash, and a nice cue it was too.
                          as with all, until you see in the flesh you cant tell 100% of the time

anyone know when Peradon took over Cannon?

found it 1st MArch 1958, Cannon was under Weildings of Acton.
                          Last edited by DeanH; 6 August 2014, 11:50 AM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The bit about the case is class! £100!
                            This guy has been ripped off big time!
                            James lovell

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                              Thought the early Peradon cues were classed as good and it was the later ones that were crap. Obviously got that one wrong. Have Peradon never had a good reputation for producing good cues then Andrew?
                              sorry you read me wrong - the cue is fine - the story is tosh!
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X