Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you know he has let this slip trough?

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
      Because he's paying for an ultimate shaft not an ultimate butt. It's about having the right tool for playing the game, it's not about the aesthetics of the tool being used.

I have an interview between Jonathon Ross and Ronnie on a compilation dvd, in which Wossie asks about the importance of the cue to snooker players.
      Ronnie says that the cues that are made today are all fairly similar, unlike the old ones that are very different from each other, that the bloke who makes his cues knows exactly what he wants in a cue, that he can get a new one within weeks of making that call, that he can be making centuries after a couple of frames with it.

He never once mentioned the splices, what decorative wood he likes on the butt, the colour or design of the badge, how many chevrons he wants.
      This is what the collectors are seeking, not the players. The players want something they can play the game with and John Parris provides that for many of the top pros, and for you as well at a premium.
      Top post again steve splices are cosmetic it's how it plays that matters lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Great! If he had contacted the buyer and said , I think this is a great playing cue, but it has a minor fault, then it's up to the buyer(for all we know he may well have) I'm not a Parris hater, I have only played with one ,for twenty mins, best cue I have ever held, and to be honest with you I never even looked at the splicing(not that I can remember anyway). I am just a bit disappointed that he let this slip through, if that's what happened.
        it's not a fault who says that they have to be even splices I know for a fact most top players don't care it's the collectors and profit makers that care if u r buying a playing cue parris is your man thats why pros go to him tey not paying with gbls or tws are they lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Great! If he had contacted the buyer and said , I think this is a great playing cue, but it has a minor fault, then it's up to the buyer(for all we know he may well have) I'm not a Parris hater, I have only played with one ,for twenty mins, best cue I have ever held, and to be honest with you I never even looked at the splicing(not that I can remember anyway). I am just a bit disappointed that he let this slip through, if that's what happened.
          +10 to this one !!

I mentioned this in my previous posts !!! nobody hates paris. JP makes some great cues. No doubt !!!
          anyway, according to some people here, you only pay for the ultimate shaft and not the ultimate cue !! and it is oky, if you're not a collector !!!.
          I think it will be easier for JP if he opens a new section on his website, ( with these questions) you know !!
          As a customer you should report (before you place an order): Are you a player?? or are you a collector?? do you think in the near future become a collector?? (For example, by accident, you lose your leg or arm, can'nt play anymore and become a collector)
          that makes it easier for JP associated dealing with these splits. !!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Borselino View Post
            it's not a fault who says that they have to be even splices I know for a fact most top players don't care it's the collectors and profit makers that care if u r buying a playing cue parris is your man thats why pros go to him tey not paying with gbls or tws are they lol
            for starters it's pretty obvious the pros won't be playing with a trevor white cue mainly because none of them could get hold of him and as for gbl cues I rate these the best cue on the market

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              +10 to this one !!

I mentioned this in my previous posts !!! nobody hates paris. JP makes some great cues. No doubt !!!
              anyway, according to some people here, you only pay for the ultimate shaft and not the ultimate cue !! and it is oky, if you're not a collector !!!.
              I think it will be easier for JP if he opens a new section on his website, ( with these questions) you know !!
              As a customer you should report (before you place an order): Are you a player?? or are you a collector?? do you think in the near future become a collector?? (For example, by accident, you lose your leg or arm, can'nt play anymore and become a collector)
              that makes it easier for JP associated dealing with these splits. !!!
              Lol.........sure John love that

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                for starters it's pretty obvious the pros won't be playing with a trevor white cue mainly because none of them could get hold of him and as for gbl cues I rate these the best cue on the market
                Leo what planet are you on gbl are worst cue I have ever played with even maguire dumped his lol.....and why cudnt a pro get hold of tw if he is that good they got more dosh than most utter nonsense my friend

Comment

Oh and btw john Higgins dumped his tw aswell cudnt of been that good lol

Comment

Leo what planet are you on gbl are worst cue I have ever played with even maguire dumped his lol.....and why cudnt a pro get hold of tw if he is that good they got more dosh than most utter nonsense my friend
                    Gbl are the best cue on the market I HAVE played with,couldn't give if a toss if McGuire don't like them I do

Comment

Gbl are the best cue on the market I HAVE played with,couldn't give if a toss if McGuire don't like them I do
                      They bit like your footy team 5th rate awful cues long splices wippy shafts and play terrible only good thing is they cheap u get what pay for pound land and parris are harrods simples ay it
                      Last edited by Borselino; 15 August 2014, 10:39 PM.

Comment

... gbl are worst cue I have ever played with...and why cudnt a pro get hold of tw if he is that good they got more dosh than most utter nonsense my friend
                        Originally Posted by Borselino View Post
                        They bit like your footy team 5th rate awful cues long splices wippy shafts and play terrible only good thing is they cheap u get what pay for pound land and parris are harrods simples ay it
                        You really are a moron

Comment

Lol.........sure John love that
                          haha, me too, we learn new things every day !!! ... very high classe material.
                          Thanks.
                          btw, what was your other theory??? if you do'nt mind me asking it ??
                          Pros playing with JP cues so they can make high breaks ????
                          that was it???

Comment

surely if I feel more comfortable with a gbl cue then my opinion is a valid one for me,I'm not saying gbl suits everyone as they won't,but for you to say parris is the best is quite silly considering every player sees and handle a cue differently to the next,so what's right for one may not be for another

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                              haha, me too, we learn new things every day !!! ... very high classe material.
                              Thanks.
                              btw, what was your other theory??? if you do'nt mind me asking it ??
                              Pros playing with JP cues so they can make high breaks ????
                              that was it???
                              Theory is percentage wise top pros go with parris must mean something

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                You really are a moron
                                Coming from a bloke who was selling a cue with woodworm

Comment

Working...
                                X