This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Well you are talking about something completely different to everybody else and just confusing things !
    No one has said it will affect the way the cues plays ???
    What is being discussed is how can JP class this as an Ultimate cue, when the standard of workmanship is that poor, and considering how much he charges for them it is criminal
    its only poor in your opinion!! if the splices are slightly out it does not effect the way the cue plays then its still an ultimate cue/shaft really what you are paying for is the shaft quality but i still dont see on his website where it says our splices will line up 100% even everytime on our cues

av you ever had a ultimate cue jrc ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by BigButtWilly View Post
      its only poor in your opinion!! if the splices are slightly out it does not effect the way the cue plays then its still an ultimate cue/shaft really what you are paying for is the shaft quality but i still dont see on his website where it says our splices will line up 100% even everytime on our cues

av you ever had a ultimate cue jrc ?
      I think by anyone's standard it is poor
      No i haven't had one mate, can't afford the ridiculous prices on ebay, and no patience to wait 2 1/2 years for one lol

Comment

No i haven't had one mate, can't afford the ridiculous prices on ebay, and no patience to wait 2 1/2 years for one lol
        so your knocking john parris ultimate cues but you av never even own one, just because a splice is slightly out brilliant lol.
        it would be as good as any other ultimate cue john puts out for playability so how is it criminal to charge the full price, the person buying it will get the same performance wether the splice is even or not

have you asked the seller if he was ofered a slight discount or have you just assumed he paid full price when he purchased it from john

Comment

so your knocking john parris ultimate cues but you av never even own one, just because a splice is slightly out brilliant lol.
          it would be as good as any other ultimate cue john puts out for playability so how is it criminal to charge the full price, the person buying it will get the same performance wether the splice is even or not

have you asked the seller if he was ofered a slight discount or have you just assumed he paid full price when he purchased it from john
          i have had about 50 and i am knocking it. the splices on the original shaft are a long long way out.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

you pay for a JP ultimate, something about 300 / 200 Or ... pounds more than other JP ranges !!! YES , what you pay extra compare with other JP ranges, IS for the ultimate shaft.!!!!! Not the whole amount. what you'r in total paying, IS for the ultimate cue (ultimate shaft + ultimate craftsmanshap). This has nothing to do with playability of the cue. When you buy a jp ultimate and it does'nt suit your game, is not his fault. because each wood ( ash ) has its own character. . that's the risk you are taking when you buy a cue without trying first !!!!! JP Or any other cue maker can never predicted the playability of the cue for 100 percent .!!!'. . But crafsmanshap off the cue is another story. because that is something in his control.!!!!!' btw, no one is here cue police . people saying just their opinion as you do. I have seen several jp cues. Some f them with perfect craftsmanshap and some f them with poor quality and poor craftsmanshap . .. as you mentioned, says nothing on his website about this kind off things , so, maybe this is the normal way for JP, to make this cues !!!!!

Comment

• The spelling and grammar in this thread is making my head hurt. :/
              James lovell

Comment

says it all not owned one prob only ever seen one on ebay. i guarantee when you use one of his cues they have a great feel i played with an old peradon for years and could not play with anything else then i changed to a JP seemless and also improved my consistency. The cue can make a small difference to how you play. i cannot afford an ultimate at this time but would have no hesitation in buying one if i had the money all ones i have seen been high quality its the old saying you get what you pay for at the end of day if it plays well all that really matters

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  i have had about 50 and i am knocking it. the splices on the original shaft are a long long way out.
                  here you go again yo have had x amount of cues so makes you the expert, the splices are out but it is an ultimate shaft so i would expect playabilty to be unaffected which at end of day is all i care about its what the equipment will help me do on the table that counts i only want one cue!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Borselino View Post
                    says it all not owned one prob only ever seen one on ebay. i guarantee when you use one of his cues they have a great feel i played with an old peradon for years and could not play with anything else then i changed to a JP seemless and also improved my consistency. The cue can make a small difference to how you play. i cannot afford an ultimate at this time but would have no hesitation in buying one if i had the money all ones i have seen been high quality its the old saying you get what you pay for at the end of day if it plays well all that really matters
                    He didn't say he hasn't owned a JP cue before, just not an ultimate!!! Which neither have you, so therefore by your own comments, how can you possibly comment on the playability or craftsmanship of an Ultimate???

Comment

here you go again yo have had x amount of cues so makes you the expert, the splices are out but it is an ultimate shaft so i would expect playabilty to be unaffected which at end of day is all i care about its what the equipment will help me do on the table that counts i only want one cue!
                      Are you not reading what people are saying , you keep harping on about the shaft , thats not what people are questioning

Comment

• At last !!!.......Thank you Hotpot , he has hit the nail on the head .

I started this thread , and it had nothing to do slating JP Cues . I was amazed at the how far the splices are out , and a majority of people are constantly going on about playability ........that is not what this thread is about .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                          He didn't say he hasn't owned a JP cue before, just not an ultimate!!! Which neither have you, so therefore by your own comments, how can you possibly comment on the playability or craftsmanship of an Ultimate???
                          because team mates of mine borrowed me theirs when i was in between cues and i would love one just cannot afford it sounds like jrc never seen one in flesh let alone play with one lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                            Are you not reading what people are saying , you keep harping on about the shaft , thats not what people are questioning
                            jrc is saying it is criminal to have uneven splices so what its cosmetic then you get because you have paid xyz should have bang on splices etc until i came on here didnt even take that much notice of the splices all i cared about were the specs of the cue and whether it suited my game. so back to neils original thread yes the splices are out no one questioning it but the thread has moved on from original starting point!

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              At last !!!.......Thank you Hotpot , he has hit the nail on the head .

I started this thread , and it had nothing to do slating JP Cues . I was amazed at the how far the splices are out , and a majority of people are constantly going on about playability ........that is not what this thread is about .
                              you have not slated others have and i dont think its right IMO

Comment

jrc is saying it is criminal to have uneven splices so what its cosmetic then you get because you have paid xyz should have bang on splices etc until i came on here didnt even take that much notice of the splices all i cared about were the specs of the cue and whether it suited my game. so back to neils original thread yes the splices are out no one questioning it but the thread has moved on from original starting point!
                                Well the splices may be cosmetic and if you bought one like that it may not bother you in the slightest until the day you wanted to sell it .

Comment

Working...
                                X