This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
    He didn't say he hasn't owned a JP cue before, just not an ultimate!!! Which neither have you, so therefore by your own comments, how can you possibly comment on the playability or craftsmanship of an Ultimate???
    Thanks mate, at least some people can read

Comment

• Originally Posted by Borselino View Post
      maybe so but they look great seen a few aswel, to look at cues are nice but wippy and have a sticky varnish feel to them, sorry but dont trust this brand dont forget they are made in thailand then brought to the greenbaize shop where you try them out.
      I have had several GBL cues and go regularly to Stu's shop, i have never ever seen a whippy cue there, and no varnish on them at all !!!!!!!!!!!
      You maybe had a special order cue ??? certainly not like every single other GBL cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Maybe I should advertise this on my CV seems not everyone else can these days lol

Comment

maybe so but they look great seen a few aswel, to look at cues are nice but wippy and have a sticky varnish feel to them, sorry but dont trust this brand dont forget they are made in thailand then brought to the greenbaize shop where you try them out.
          This post just proves IMHO that you haven't used a GBL cue

Comment

i doubt it i rate his cues for playability, i tried gbl too wippy for me and tried an old burwat great cue but needed more weight with todays balls and i also tried a TW and MW didnt get on with them at all but were very nice cues to look at also had a northwest which was a good player tbf but was 3/4 prefer a one piece
            Now you are talking tosh , each cue will play different , the characteristics of the wood will more or less determine how it plays , regardless who makes it .

Comment

• Just to add - the owner of this JPU is a quality snooker player and is now using a Maximus. Best cue he has used in his opinion. Somebody else I know who is an ex pro and English international has also just sold their JP and is now using a Maximus.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                second that
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                  Now you are talking tosh , each cue will play different , the characteristics of the wood will more or less determine how it plays , regardless who makes it .
                  this is the fact he is unable to grasp - every single cue is different regardless of maker - the idea that jp only makes cues that play brilliantly and that all gbl cues are whippy is to anybody who knows anything at all about cues not only comical but blinkered.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have had several GBL cues and go regularly to Stu's shop, i have never ever seen a whippy cue there, and no varnish on them at all !!!!!!!!!!!
                    You maybe had a special order cue ??? certainly not like every single other GBL cue
                    awful thai made cues and they are whippy fact

Comment

you cannot that is clear you always think you are right

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                        Maybe I should advertise this on my CV seems not everyone else can these days lol
                        go and sell your tip trimmers for double the price on ebay loll

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          no i only owned one idiot had one for three weeks soon got rid awful mass produced thai rubbish

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                            yes and jp selects top class wood lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                              Just to add - the owner of this JPU is a quality snooker player and is now using a Maximus. Best cue he has used in his opinion. Somebody else I know who is an ex pro and English international has also just sold their JP and is now using a Maximus.
                              cannot comment on maximus never seen or used one

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                                this is the fact he is unable to grasp - every single cue is different regardless of maker - the idea that jp only makes cues that play brilliantly and that all gbl cues are whippy is to anybody who knows anything at all about cues not only comical but blinkered.
                                inker

maybe i am blinkered where gbl are concerned worst cue i have ever owned lost 70 quid on it no one wanted it on ebay because they are rubbish!

Comment

Working...
                                X