Mike Wooldridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    a pro (or any snooker player) makes breaks WITH HIS ARM and not his cue !!!! The cue is just an extension of the arm, nothing more than that !!!!!
    As long as your arm has perfectly even splices I suppose

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
      As long as your arm has perfectly even splices I suppose
      haha ,,, ,, good point ,Vmax . but I'm not going to sell my arm. I talked about the playability of my arm, not his craftsmanshap !!!!! Good morning btw.!!!

Comment

Went a christening Sunday at a small club that had 2 full size snooker tables in the back room for members only. Had a look round and a bit of a natter like you do. My eyes were all over the cues the guys were using and they were all just cheapies. Maybe their are members who play at other times that own decent cues but it occurred to me at the time that if your not a member of T.S.F. there must be loads of guys that play snooker week in week out and have never heard of JP, Wooly, TW etc.
        Just think of the money the jammy sods have saved whilst still enjoying their game. Curse this bloody forum
        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
          Went a christening Sunday at a small club that had 2 full size snooker tables in the back room for members only. Had a look round and a bit of a natter like you do. My eyes were all over the cues the guys were using and they were all just cheapies. Maybe their are members who play at other times that own decent cues but it occurred to me at the time that if your not a member of T.S.F. there must be loads of guys that play snooker week in week out and have never heard of JP, Wooly, TW etc.
          Just think of the money the jammy sods have saved whilst still enjoying their game. Curse this bloody forum
          yep this forum has cost me a fair penny
          no complaints though
          so, Mav, when are you going to join this club or have you already completed the form?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            yep this forum has cost me a fair penny
            no complaints though
            so, Mav, when are you going to join this club or have you already completed the form?
            Ha ha funny you should say that Dean. Got 2 forms here waiting to be completed. £25 a year but I can join now for £12.50 as memberships start in January. Do you think I should?
            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

yes, silly not to really for the sake of £12.50
              how much/what condition are the tables compared to your current club?
              is it more local?

Comment

Yes it is pretty local and the tables looked fairly decent. Only one was being used they were playing doubles (Sunday Lunch time). Just think of all those players just waiting to be introduced to the forum! Then they'll all be wanting a better cue. If Andrew reads this he'll be wringing his hands like old Arwkright in Open All Hours

Comment

Yes it is pretty local and the tables looked fairly decent. Only one was being used they were playing doubles (Sunday Lunch time). Just think of all those players just waiting to be introduced to the forum! Then they'll all be wanting a better cue. If Andrew reads this he'll be wringing his hands like old Arwkright in Open All Hours
                  yep, can see Andrew with a till that snaps shut faster than a croc!
                  oh, important question, forgot to ask... beer prices?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    yep, can see Andrew with a till that snaps shut faster than a croc!
                    oh, important question, forgot to ask... beer prices?
                    £3.15p for a pint of Bass. Bit warm but but drinkable. Will definately be paying them another visit and showing my face a bit to suss it out and see what the lads are like.

Comment

cool, let us know how you get on

Comment

Cues are a bit like clothes, you don't have to wear designer ones to look smart a bit like you don't need a fancy cue to play well.

Comment

Working...
                        X