• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are about 10 years old.

Comment

Limited Edition again?

jrc - sorry about that
      where did you find that photo of the 5 cues?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        ??? what, ehh, lol, that is the badge Ste mentioned which presumably is real
        I'm sure Dave will remember making this new batch if they are real
        Maybe they are real and maybe thats why robin cook hasn't been taking orders for god knows how long he sending them all to the far east

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          jrc - sorry about that
          where did you find that photo of the 5 cues?
          From this page of the website linked to earlier
          http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=40548993993

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          Maybe they are real and maybe thats why robin cook hasn't been taking orders for god knows how long he sending them all to the far east
          If they are not real, then they tried really hard to fool people

Comment

I like how the specs on the certificate are perfectly round numbers

Comment

Better ask Dave.
              Last edited by desso; 19 August 2014, 02:09 AM.
              a bad player who love cues

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if these were real mainly because he's quit the market in taking customers orders for good yet he's still making cues which suggests he has gone down the hunt & osbourne route and badging a load up ready for chinese agents.

Comment

I just find a link http://www.gdsnooker.com/products.asp?ClassID=13 which may provide some info/insight about the cue. Coutts and Cook may be a new brand of them.
                  Snooker will rise once again

Comment

thanks for that link
                    do you see the size of the pile of "cue certificates" next to them !
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yep, Unbeliverable thick.
                      Snooker will rise once again

Comment

Shame we don't get offered these cues

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Shame we don't get offered these cues
                          Yep very disappointing to see this happening more and more often now.

I also think its time we stopped supporting these cue makers now if their intentions are to purely supply the asian market. Does anyone else think what a **** take it is that Coutts, Robin, Raymo, Osborne to name but a few are basically using the UK market to get a reputation and through sites like this and our contribution in giving praise for their work, yet as soon as some interest from China comes in they stick their two fingers up at their own people in order to sell out to the chinese?

Its very naive because at some point the orders there will dry up and I know for certain that I would never order from any of these cue makers because they don't want our business anymore. Also there is a reason the Chinese want to get their hands on them, again naive, but we know how they like to make copies of everything, it won't be long before the certificates and cues are copied perfectly, thus putting them out of business once they perfect them.

Comment

The website on the badge 'couttsandcook.co.uk' doesn't seem to work...

Anyone else managed to access this web page ?

Comment

I think maybe made by thai/chinese using names of coutts/cook, perhaps under licence/agreement. Talked to a friend there, who suspected that maybe the arrangement as wanted to find out as was very interested in one of the cues. If thats not the case please let me know.
                              Last edited by justf; 20 August 2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                Yep very disappointing to see this happening more and more often now.

I also think its time we stopped supporting these cue makers now if their intentions are to purely supply the asian market. Does anyone else think what a **** take it is that Coutts, Robin, Raymo, Osborne to name but a few are basically using the UK market to get a reputation and through sites like this and our contribution in giving praise for their work, yet as soon as some interest from China comes in they stick their two fingers up at their own people in order to sell out to the chinese?

Its very naive because at some point the orders there will dry up and I know for certain that I would never order from any of these cue makers because they don't want our business anymore. Also there is a reason the Chinese want to get their hands on them, again naive, but we know how they like to make copies of everything, it won't be long before the certificates and cues are copied perfectly, thus putting them out of business once they perfect them.
                                it is not as simple as that - most are happy to deal with agents - raymo for example will send cues to me - what he does not want to do it deal with the public people changing specs every week emailing every day etc etc, when you are in that situation you only have two options either answer all the emails or make cues, look at trevor white he attempts to do everything but in reality he does not reply to the emails! if you have ever spoken to any of the guys you name there you will know they are not thinking of making a quick buck every one of them is a skilled craftsman and what they are doing is trying to get on with the cue making rather than the admin.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X