Limited Edition again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    it is not as simple as that - most are happy to deal with agents - raymo for example will send cues to me - what he does not want to do it deal with the public people changing specs every week emailing every day etc etc, when you are in that situation you only have two options either answer all the emails or make cues, look at trevor white he attempts to do everything but in reality he does not reply to the emails! if you have ever spoken to any of the guys you name there you will know they are not thinking of making a quick buck every one of them is a skilled craftsman and what they are doing is trying to get on with the cue making rather than the admin.
    The money does play a huge factor though, if they could get the same money here for stock cues and none of the hassle of alterations and finnicky customers, i'm sure they'd jump at the chance! Simple supply and demand, any one of us wants top dollar for our time and efforts, so why shouldn't they?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
      I think maybe made by thai/chinese using names of coutts/cook, perhaps under licence/agreement. Talked to a friend there, who suspected that maybe the arrangement as wanted to find out as was very interested in one of the cues. If thats not the case please let me know.
      Anyone friendly with Dave to ask him ???

Comment

I think sooner or later I'm pretty sure the likes of trevor white will go down this route TBF And when the Chinese come calling I would wager a bet they would get an email back sooner then say Steve from leytonstone would.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
          The money does play a huge factor though, if they could get the same money here for stock cues and none of the hassle of alterations and finnicky customers, i'm sure they'd jump at the chance! Simple supply and demand, any one of us wants top dollar for our time and efforts, so why shouldn't they?
          it is also the convenience of sending 20 cues at a time less time packing them up, it is much easier in one transaction.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Anyone friendly with Dave to ask him ???
            Cue is 100% real.but JP cue is no 1 in far east .most jp cue sell for double in Far East.
            Last edited by joejoe; 21 August 2014, 12:18 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling

Comment

Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
              Cue is 100% real?but JP cue is no 1 in far east .most jp cue sell for double in Far East.
              In the Far East they mainly never wonder off the beaten track.

Comment

Member on here " louise sheldon" , is very friendly with Dave . hint , hint.

Comment

With one or two cuemakers its not ALL about money
                  Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                  Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                  https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                  S36 1LB

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                    With one or two cuemakers its not ALL about money
                    Are you saying if you had a reputation of the likes of hunt & osbourne etc and you see a market that you would earn more money along with lowering your work rate to a point you wouldn't take this opportunity,money will always come first IMHO wether you upset a fan base or not.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Are you saying if you had a reputation of the likes of hunt & osbourne etc and you see a market that you would earn more money along with lowering your work rate to a point you wouldn't take this opportunity,money will always come first IMHO wether you upset a fan base or not.
                      Ages ago Leo, when I first joined the forum, there was a discussion about cues and how many went to Asia, and it seemed from that thread that every cue maker had been approached from that market, so I would be surprised with his quality of workmanship if Andy Travis hadn't been included in that list, and I would be flabbergasted if Trevor White hasn't been approached(both may well send some , I have no idea) it could be about scale, and like the other cue thread, quality control, and your own personal pride in each cue you make, some may not want to go down the mass produced line for the Asian market.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Totally agree with " itsnoteasy ". Andy takes pride in what he does , is too cheap ( imho ) and as he is a one man band working in a garage attached to the house he lives in , does not mass produce ( dont think he could anyway ) . I have five cues with him atm , for different jobs and I know each and every one will be worked on by Andy with the same personal level of pride and attention to detail , regardless of whether it is " fit a ferrule and retaper " or " oversplice to extend ". Everyone has bills to pay , but I assure you that money is NOT the driving force behind Andys work.

Comment

Working...
                        X