Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of Peradon Cues

How are Peradon Cues?
    I will be getting a Peradon Royal 3/4th, 57 inches, 9.5 mm tip, 17.5 oz (along with 6 inch extension and aluminium box).
    Can someone please give me a review of the cue and its features?
    Attached Files

I had one and i was a bit let down by it and it had similar specs to this one listed.

It use to play alright but not great and the more i played it with it the less i liked it honestly!! Then it split on me after a few months on shaft from the bottom of the Splice point to the Butt joint. Had a heap of running around and arguments trying to get my supplier to replace it as it was only 3 Months old or there abouts which had me then dealing directly with Peradon direct to get my money back.

In the End i got a new Cue as a replacement for it and then sold it on Ebay without ever hitting a ball with it to recoup my money. I wont be touching a Peradon again and use Phoenix and O'Min Cues now which are FAR superior IMO and similar money.

I am sure some people may like them and that is fine but the experience i had was not really pleasurable and i won't be going back ever to one.

Picture of the Split below..... I was told it can happen and is common but i was worried what it would be like in a few years if it did this after 3 Months of normal Snooker play while never being dropped or miss treated. My supplier was very reluctant to replace as well and wanted to repair it which made me angrier and had me chasing Peradon directly from here in Australia to source a NEW replacement which i eventually got after having to jump up and down and it was not a very good experience i must say.

Peradon split.jpg
    Last edited by Chappy5; 20 August 2014, 12:09 AM. Reason: Picture added
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

this can happen to any cue. especially if you over tighten them, usually it is not a big deal some superglue from the fridge and some wire wool will sort it.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        this can happen to any cue. especially if you over tighten them, usually it is not a big deal some superglue from the fridge and some wire wool will sort it.
        That's true but i did not really want to have it repaired when it was still so new. If it happened after a year or more i probably would of done this and not really cared but the Cues age put me off doing it and who knows what could of happened down the track and if it started to split from the other splice joins in the future.

Can't be glueing the thing yourself every time it splits, future splits may have been more severe and who knows really. I did not want to settle for a split like this on such a new Cue as it is always in the back of my mind!! If i let it go and kept it, after 12 Months the warranty on craftsmanship is gone then what happens if it really opens up and the Cue then turns to firewood?? I would be kicking myself for not getting a replacement when i had the chance and the split first appeared.

Anyway that was my experience with them and it should not taint the whole range or any other Peradon out there and i am just sharing an experience that i had with my Peradon Royal. I am sure there are many people that play with them and love them and this is fine but i will not be going back there again.

P.S I never over tightened it either.
        If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

fair point, but people can get hung up on little faults with a cue that in reality make no difference to the way it plays.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I tried the Peradon Royal at Thurstons (as i live in Liverpool) and was really disappointing cue didn't feel nice and didn't justify the £140.00 price tag if you can get to Thurstons they have an display stand with some discount cues on it.I got a Peradon pro butt with the same specs as Royal for £75.00 and played/felt twice as good.
            Hope this helps
            Carl

Comment

luckily i have had a better experience, i bought i peradon king from thurstons in Birmingham before it closed down and must admit i loved that cue, was my 1st love. there wasnt a shot i couldnt play with that cue but gotta admit the splices were a little off line which was the only fault i could pick out. i have bought another cue since but that soon went as i found the shaft a little too stiff. i have only owned these 2 cues and couldnt compare the peradon to anything other than the maximus i had so its a limited review but either way i thought the cue i had was great..........wish i kept it.

Comment

Working...
              X