• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e-mail me and i will help you with that adr147@hotmail.com
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ADR

Steve's cue had a jet balck ebony but though not a striped one!

Paul

Comment

How do you know now, S Davis Fan?
        There was even a thread about the to be or not to be maccasser (hence sort of stripey) ebony butt in September. Think it wasn't solved if it's jet black ebony or macasser that appeared to be jet black. I still vote for macasser.

Comment

Selby's cue is macasser as well but under the TV lighting it looks a lot darker than it really is.

Comment

I Have seen several pictures of his cue close up in his teaching book, and his video and it is definitely the black ebony I think it is called sri lanka ebony. The masacer is a two tone stripey looking ebony being a light brown. I am a drummer as well in which it is a luxury veneer and am very in touch on what Masacer ebony is like and Steve's cue is defininitely not it.

Paul

Comment

i agree with s davis fan

steves cue is jet black ebony not maccasser, had a few ye olde ash cues over the years and none compare to his. in his book suscessful snooker it shows a close up of where he holds his cue and the ebony is jet black

Comment

they were made in both.

Comment

i didnt know that m8, just was told by someone they was only made in stripey ebony, have u seen a plai ebony one? apart from the 1st ed.

dont think it was one of them

Comment

How do you tell a real one and a replica made by another cue maker such as Glover or Ions or whoever?
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

there are a few ways - glovers badges are not right and the weight stamps can tell you but i find the easiest method is to ask tony if he made it!

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post

I've seen many cues altered by Parris that have had the original name plate replaced by one of his own, some of them with "customised by John Parris" written on them.

Good advert innit?

The reason I say this is because I've done the same sort of job on dozens of Parris cues, and, have always replaced the original Parris badge from the cue.
                        Good on ya Trev... If you can't beat 'em..........................

:P

Comment

Am i not right in thinking that Steve's cue was split in a car accident. The split was down at the butt end and was at roughly the splices.
                          Parris made a new butt section matching the grain as good as he could and he jointed the cue at the balance point.
                          Now don't take it as red but this was my understanding of the story of this cue.
                          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            its a B&W ye olde ash cue with a maccasser ebony butt and a 3/4 joint through the tips of the splices - it is the only cue he has ever won anything with! the sticker says riley, i guess if you pay someone enough..............
                            Hi Andrew was just strolling through some old threads and felt i had to respond. Steve won the 1993 Wickes British Open with the Parris Ambassador, as far as i remember it was also his first title win in something over 2years. Ive got some of the final on tape here somewhere among hundreds of tapes hopefully will get to upload it sometime.

Comment

Originally Posted by the nugget View Post
                              Hi Andrew was just strolling through some old threads and felt i had to respond. Steve won the 1993 Wickes British Open with the Parris Ambassador, as far as i remember it was also his first title win in something over 2years. Ive got some of the final on tape here somewhere among hundreds of tapes hopefully will get to upload it sometime.
                              not sure about that would like to see the tapes!

Comment

Working...
                              X