Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splices not too far out.... Reply from owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Just because the vast majority on this forum are just poor/average club players
    Slowly raises hand. :distant:

Comment

what gets me is the in consistency of the words surroundign the cue
      from the ebay posting:
      the cue was an old unnumbered JP, which was then sent to JP for additional front splices (2009)
      when the numbered badge was added.

all ok I suppose, but nothing about a french polisher dealing with a "scratch" that reduced the length of one of the butt-splices by some margin even though this feature is illustrated in its own photo.

may all be true but just inconsistent for me
      you never know probably could be the "one" for me if I got it

Just remind me never to send one of my cues to a french polisher to remove a scratch

sorry azzza - probably a lovely bloke and a very good player, just the words have not done the cue any favours
      Last edited by DeanH; 21 August 2014, 07:49 AM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
        Slowly raises hand. :distant:
        +1

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Give the fella a break, at least he pointed out the splice was shorter, he could have hidden that splice in the pictures, but no he was honest, many wouldn't have been as was shown by GGs cue in the other thread.
          As for making centuries, we have a couple of lads who rattle them in all the time, one even has a handful of 147 s in competitive play, another lad who packed in the game a few years back, had so many 147 s in practice he had lost count years ago, but he was a pro for a while, I have been told.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

i think there are a fair few 100 break players on the forum, i think though that it must have been one hell of a scratch, with this much taken off the cue would no longer be round.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Just remind me never to send one of my cues to a french polisher to remove a scratch (
              As someone who has made a few cues I can vouch that the tips of the splices are paper thin and a few sweeps of the sanding block can easily take off 5mm.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                It must be a language thing then plus the fact you have to use so many exclamation points on every post you do, but you implied he was lying without even knowing him. You can't compare someone's century practice total to a pro's competition total. They will have made 1000's in practice.
                It might be a bit anal that he knows the exact number but that is Aaron. He is an amateur that sometimes puts in a pro's amount of practice. I have a mate that makes a couple a week. With dedication he could probably have turned pro but he wouldn't have been good enough to break into the top 64 and make any money. I myself used to on average make 1 a week back in the day or do you think I too am talking out my f ass as you put it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Number centurys he made. has nothing to do with quality and craftsmanshap off this cue .
                If you come here and say : I made 400 century so this cue is a good cue !!! then
                Indeed, you talk out your ass. !!!
                The cue that plays well for you, might not be the right one for me. !!!!! Splits ff a cue do not just buck with sandpaper. !!!!( Where'd you get that sandpaper???? may I have the address. I need some !!!
                btw, not every pro made 1000 centurys in practice.
                Century making is not as easy as you think it is !!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  Absolutely this. I myself have probably made near 200 centuries in proper frames against players and probably well over 1000 in practice in line ups or scattering the reds. I know of at least 3 players in my league alone who have had around 4-500 centuries in competitive frames, should they all be pro too?

Thing is what seperates the pros and very good amatuers is 2 things. One the determination or opportunity to turn pro, most never have the chance, secondly a lot of people know they wouldn't make a good enough living from the game compared to the job or career they have, I fall in the second category. I have played against a few players on the MT down the years and reckon I can give any of them a good game, despite the fact I play 1/10th the amount they do in a week on average.

If I'd have had the opportunity when I was in my teen years to dedicate myself to the game I'd be a pro now, I'm certain of it. Just because the vast majority on this forum are just poor/average club players doesn't mean everyone on here is the same standard.
                  are you sure ?? I mean maybe it was over 500 and not 1000 !!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                    are you sure ?? I mean maybe it was over 500 and not 1000 !!!!!
                    Just being silly now Ramon lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Just being silly now Ramon lol
                      hahha,,, okey bud .I shall say no more !!!! . You get your way .

Comment

Working...
                      X