No announcement yet.

***Trevor White cue for sale***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilted and fiddleback are different types of figuring. It is dependant on the way the wood is cut. Fiddleback a.k.a curly maple, tiger maple and flame maple are pretty much used interchangeably.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
      Quilted and fiddleback are different types of figuring. It is dependant on the way the wood is cut. Fiddleback a.k.a curly maple, tiger maple and flame maple are pretty much used interchangeably.
      Good to know. Thanks.
      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
        and don't forget "book matched" maple! never heard of it called fiddle back maple though!
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Fiddleback, rippled, tiger, flame, curly...... All more or less the same sort of figure, give or take how tight the figure is.

Quilted differs in that it looks more like popcorn, with swirly, bubbly figuring to it. Not the same as above at all, no matter how you cut it.

The term "book matched" simply refers to a thick block of figured timber, which has been cut down the middle, to show the same figure on both sides. Kind of like a thick slice of marbled cake that's been sliced into two thinner slices. The figure will then appear as being the same on both sides.

Book matched section can be any type of timber.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            that is a wee cracker.
            Lovely looking cue for sure, any takers then ?????

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo
              I take it many customers would have a reply by email from yourself this evening as you have the time to write about swirly popcorn maple etc.

If you let me know what kind of response you are looking for exactly, I'll see if I can help you out with it.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                If you let me know what kind of response you are looking for exactly, I'll see if I can help you out with it.
                I need a response Trev, a "yes" that you will take my order for 2 cues, ash and maple!!!!lol

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                  I need a response Trev, a "yes" that you will take my order for 2 cues, ash and maple!!!!lol

Sorry, no more new work for me until new year at earliest.

Comment

What a great position to be in , in this day and age of recessions etc . Not good for the buying public though .

Which is why this cue is a great price , if it's to your specs of course .

Glad i ordered when I did !
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                      Sorry, no more new work for me until new year at earliest.
                      some extensions would be nice though my friend!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Especially one in Red Amboyna Burr............not ordered one mind
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo
                          I take it many customers would have a reply by email from yourself this evening as you have the time to write about swirly popcorn maple etc.
                          Have you got a cue on order or been trying to order one leo?

Comment

I am 12 months into an order for a selected shaft. Hoping it will arrive soon but I think I've sent him a few emails to no reply so I'll just have to wait an see.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo
                              I haven't and never really caught the whole hype thing in waiting stupid amounts of time for a cue only to sell it a few weeks later after it arrives and the horror stories regarding communication is enough to put me off.
                              Although I'm not the biggest fan of cue agents at least you know where you stand with them communication wise and of course many will have your specs and the cue could arrive within a week wether you pay a £100+ more surely that's got to be worth it when most people are ready to throw £100 deposits willy nilly to every cuemaker going and not even hearing from them for months.
                              A couple of lads who play near me have ordered from trevor but of course you don't need me to tell you they are not happy with his customer service.
                              Or you could order one from someone who communicates often but charges a lot more , sods law

Comment

Hi Leo,

Some people dont like Trevor's customer service because he doesnt sit by his Pc all day everyday answering emails or answering his Phone every 2 Mins which he wouldnt get any work done most days if this happend especially Nowadays he is One of the Top Cue Makers in the World if Not the Best and very sort after! i did ask him many yrs ago about this when i tried to Contact him and he told me the above and I accepted it as he was Straight and Honest!.

I have been dealing with Trevor for many many yrs when he first started and i gotta say i like his Straight Talking maybe because i am the same myself, i know alot of people dont like the truth but i do.

When you goto order a Cue from trevor he will say at the Start it will be Approx 12mths etc etc so from the start you will know roughly what time you have to wait NOT a Exact Time! if you wasnt happy waiting these times maybe you shouldnt have orderd in the first place.

As a few have mentioned you can pick up Cues on Here or eBay! yes most of them are going to be abit more expensive and some alot more expensive depending who you buy them from (WOLF)....lol... but it will save you a wait of Approx 12mths+ if you have the Cash to Pay and what you gotta remember if the Cue isnt your Specs you could always get them alterd if the Length etc is there to start with to allow alterations. I have many customers willing to Pay silling amounts for certain cues as Money is No Option to them but i know some people arent so lucky.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Leo
                                A couple of lads who play near me have ordered from trevor but of course you don't need me to tell you they are not happy with his customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X