***Trevor White cue for sale***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Do a lot of people chop and change their orders? I'm not on about a change of heart over what wood for a splice, but a change of cue spec.
    Not sure about people who keep changing cue specs but I don't change cue spec or design once I placed the order. Should have confirm everything before placing an order, little minor thing is down to that personal feeling of holding the cue. Get use to the cue... Just like your wife, you don't divorce her because she's gone a little out of shape after popping few children for you right?

As for Trevor, I'm still waiting for his reply on my latest order... obviously I expected to be longer than usual... haha but as far as I remember, once he reply you he will not stop the communication in a sudden without a conclusion or reason. Even though you don't order from Trevor, he will still take the liberty to spend time replying your email and giving you the utmost advice he could. True gentleman I reckon.

Comment

Tbh trev my posts were nothing whatsoever to do with wether you are a lovely guy or not because heard off many you are a top bloke, my posts were also never anything to do with your quality of cues because you regarded as the best off many, i spoke up about only the communication side of things nothing else and how other cuemakers would of felt the full force of the groovy gang members on here if it was any other cuemaker who didn't reply.
      i know you are really busy but i just feel the customers sometimes look like they are the villains by asking for an update on their cue.
      sorry if my posts came across like they did as i have nothing against you whatsoever,and from now on i will keep my views to myself

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Tbh trev my posts were nothing whatsoever to do with wether you are a lovely guy or not because heard off many you are a top bloke, my posts were also never anything to do with your quality of cues because you regarded as the best off many, i spoke up about only the communication side of things nothing else and how other cuemakers would of felt the full force of the groovy gang members on here if it was any other cuemaker who didn't reply.
        i know you are really busy but i just feel the customers sometimes look like they are the villains by asking for an update on their cue.
        sorry if my posts came across like they did as i have nothing against you whatsoever,and from now on i will keep my views to myself

Leo, you should not have to keep your opinions to yourself. This is an open forum after all, so differing views makes this or any other discussion board interesting. Having said that, perhaps taking a moment to consider why we write what we do before we post it would be something to think on, not just for you, but for everyone.

I don't doubt at all that some people in the cue making game get a harder time than others here on TSF, and as you say, it "could" be that some of that "apparent" favouritism is due in fair part to the fact that "some" have been active here in the past. However, it's not too tricky to argue that there may be other reasons also behind the feeling of some views expressed here. Not everything spoken of John Parris is bad, just as not everything written and said about myself is good. If we look at it truly honestly, and without prejudice, that's fairly easy to see. Much of what can be read into the differences in those two makers alone can be seen in arguments over smaller and larger producers of all sorts of products. It's nothing unique to cues. Anyway, I'm not going to get into the psychology of the buying public and suchlike. That's another discussion.

As I am ready to openly admit, I am not the best at keeping on track with emails, not all the time anyway. Yes, I am aware I probably have a bad name for my communication with many people, but likewise, I know all too well that I have a good name with others for the very same thing. But, for anyone who does not know me personally, my life situation or the characters of the people I sometimes have to deal with, it's possibly better to refrain from sarcastic comments, which appear written simply to score some worthless points over the internet. Of course, anyone and everyone is entitled to post whatever comments they wish, but people will judge not only the person receiving the criticism, but also the person doing the criticizing. The readers of any post will form opinions of those who write what they write, and will place a value on what they feel that persons contributions are worth. Again, maybe anyone reading this should give that a bit of thought.

Well that's enough of it from me. No hard feelings Leo.
        Last edited by trevs1; 22 September 2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
          Leo, you should not have to keep your opinions to yourself. This is an open forum after all, so differing views makes this or any other discussion board interesting. Having said that, perhaps taking a moment to consider why we write what we do before we post it would be something to think on, not just for you, but for everyone.

I don't doubt at all that some people in the cue making game get a harder time than others here on TSF, and as you say, it "could" be that some of that "apparent" favouritism is due in fair part to the fact that "some" have been active here in the past. However, it's not too tricky to argue that there may be other reasons also behind the feeling of some views expressed here. Not everything spoken of John Parris is bad, just as not everything written and said about myself is good. If we look at it truly honestly, and without prejudice, that's fairly easy to see. Much of what can be read into the differences in those two makers alone can be seen in arguments over smaller and larger producers of all sorts of products. It's nothing unique to cues. Anyway, I'm not going to get into the psychology of the buying public and suchlike. That's another discussion.

As I am ready to openly admit, I am not the best at keeping on track with emails, not all the time anyway. Yes, I am aware I probably have a bad name for my communication with many people, but likewise, I know all too well that I have a good name with others for the very same thing. But, for anyone who does not know me personally, my life situation or the characters of the people I sometimes have to deal with, it's possibly better to refrain from sarcastic comments, which appear written simply to score some worthless points over the internet. Of course, anyone and everyone is entitled to post whatever comments they wish, but people will judge not only the person receiving the criticism, but also the person doing the criticizing. The readers of any post will form opinions of those who write what they write, and will place a value on what they feel that persons contributions are worth. Again, maybe anyone reading this should give that a bit of thought.

Well that's enough of it from me. No hard feelings Leo.
          Trevor

I ordered my cue from you a little over year ago. I haven't changed the specs one iota over that time. Indeed, I didn't send you a single e-mail over the course of the period that you said it would take you to complete the cue (50 weeks). Now that we are beyond the time that you quoted, I would appreciate an update of some sort - I sent you an e-mail on 17 September, to which I have yet to receive a reply. I appreciate that you do get some bothersome folks, but I don't feel that I fall into that category. Furthermore, I am also very busy in my own line of work.

Regards

Steve Milne

Comment

Working...
          X