Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
    Mine arrived today, thanks ADR!

Does the job it's supposed to although I can't see me slipping it back on as I stroppily throw my cue back in the case (I did this last night). It's best use for me is to protect the tip when I am applying oil to cues when the tips are still in great condition or popping on cues that are heading out the door off-setting a bit of the delicate movements of the courier
    that is a fine use for it!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks ADR, tip protector (and tips) arrived today thanks
      hhmm, to me it seems to be very tight, too tight and difficult to take off the tip (9.5mm)

I have a feeling that it could damage the tip - it probably wont but I have my tips quite thick and it feels that it could put undue pressure on the sides when fitting ands removing

I have never had any problems with keeping the damp air away from the tip myself, so I don't think I need it to be very tight, I am more bothered about the tip-chalk making a mess of my case

difficult to take off, with my soft office hands () it is not a simple easy process and combined with my worry of taking the protector off with any sideways movement that could pressurise my thick tip, it become fiddly

For the 9.5mm I think I will continue to use the rolled/glued paper sleeve I made ages ago.

it is nicely designed but the tightness is not for me

So, I put it on my pool cue 8.2mm, yes it is loose but it does stay on when in the case, as that is the time I want the tip-cover on, I think it will work for me on that one
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Got mine yesterday, and had it immediatly stolen by my Dad! He keeps his cue in a tube under the table and has been looking for something like this to protect the tip as you push the cue in, very tight fit but does the job perfect and twists off easy enough. Thanks again
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

new tip protectors from stu green

I believe these little protectors are made in 12mm diameter (as supplied) or a 17mm diameter, when measured across the outer of the lower section, so they will be either snug or too loose on a 9.5mm depending on the size provided.
          Last edited by Stupree; 12 September 2014, 07:19 PM.
          On Cue Facebook Page
          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

From what I can tell , admittedly just from the pics, will these not stretch a little after a while ,and be a nicer fit?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Got mine yesterday, Great wee gadget. Thank you Andrew, And Stu for producing it:snooker:

Comment

Thanks to ADR for sending me one of these.

Great little gadget and fits perfectly on my 9.5 tip GBL C4

Comment

are tgere any left

Comment

Working...
                  X