Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
    That would be my leg ;p
    LOL. Thanks. I just couldn't work it out.

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
      Is there anyway I could seal that area then so that moisture doesn't get in?
      yes but i wouldn't start playing around in that one area i'd be looking at a uniform finish for the whole butt.
      in that one area the wood looks like its lost its density and is kinda furry, that would concern me and you might find you'd be going down to 250grt to get it out an could loose 0.25mm off the butt. if that would be the case i'd recommend a rub-on polyurethane sealant. yes it would change the texture and feel of the cue but if he's playing a lot in your climate over there then it would be worth considering.
      this is why they use ebony most of the time on the butt because its easy to work with and its so tight and dense.
      but for now id go ahead with a few coats of oil some sanding sealer and burnish. it should feel n look nice and your mate might simply be happy with that.. the other thing is all the bits you need to make a nice job of it, you'll be spending a bit of money. i always tell players its best to give it to capable hands
      Last edited by j6uk; 9 October 2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

He has another cue. This one will allow me to try restoring it to the best I can so I'm not thinking about spending a lot. For me I would like to try more and learn about cue care. I hope to get it nice enough to get a few more years of use out of it with the right maintenance.

Comment

Working...
        X