Trip to parris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to parris

Hi guys, my missus suprised me yesterday by letting slip that she will be getting me a parris cue for our wedding anniversary (5th - wood)\my birthday. (Before anyone starts I know the waiting time will be long ☺)

I currently use a cheapy BCE sports direct cue and don't really know what specs I would need so I am planning on taking a trip to the shop (1 hr drive from me). Can anyone give me some advise as to what I need to check ? Should I take my BCE cue so they can see what I currently play with ? Do you need to book with the shop ? Etc.

I'm going to be placing an order for the cue, case, mini butt and extender so that I know it all fits together when I do take receipt of the cue.

Trip to parris

Wow! She sounds like a keeper

Definitely worth taking your old cue with you so that you can compare feel and specs. Enjoy your trip
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

My wedding anniversary coming up too hope you don't mind i have printed out a copy of your post to leave on her pillow.

In answer to your question he always has cues for sale on the rack or in the back - Trump got his off the rack and a few other players too - can be a better option than waiting a year or two. He's a nice guy - give him a ring and have a chat - I'm sure almost everything he has in stock will be an improvement on that old BCE.

Happy days - made the right choice picking your good lady - I'm impressed - what a lady.
      Last edited by Byrom; 10 October 2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Lots of different models from Monsieur Parris, any idea which one she can afford

Comment

Be aware that the shop closes at lunchtime so ring first to let them know you are coming, also closed on Tuesday.

I would advise to buy a cue in the shop if you are making the effort to go there. Seems a bit pointless to go and place an order, you may as well do that on the website or over the phone.

Usually has about 60 or so cues to choose from, maybe a few made to measure cues such as Special or Paragon models but these are at the upper end of the price range. He has a little snooker table where you can try a cue out, just hit a few balls with, not the best way but better than just looking at the cue.

Comment

Trip to parris

Thanks guys. I'm looking at the champion cue. Unfortunately we can't afford it outright so will pay the deposit and save up the rest whilst I wait for cue to be built.

does anyone know what the parking is like around the shop ?

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopylewis View Post
              does anyone know what the parking is like around the shop ?
              there is usually a space or two in the street it's on - well, maybe I have always been lucky

as has been said, I always call to check that they are open, I would also try to have the monies available in case you find that "perfect" cue for you on the day

a case and extensions can always be sourced afterwards very easily
              Last edited by DeanH; 10 October 2014, 04:34 PM.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Have a great time Snookerloopy, I don't know if your allowed a tour behind the scenes to see them getting made, I would love to see that side of the shop.
                Hope your getting the Mrs something made of wood as well , maybe in the shape of a spoon !!
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Car park over the road , very hard to park outside the shop or even round the corner .
                  Think the Champion cue is a standard cue that he should have already made in the shop .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Wife buying you a jp cue? Lucky guy! I wonder if removalmanstevie's mrs will do that for this years anniversary?

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                      Wife buying you a jp cue? Lucky guy! I wonder if removalmanstevie's mrs will do that for this years anniversary?
                      wouldn't that be the ultimate irony

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                        wouldn't that be the ultimate irony
                        i have still not recovered from the shock!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

wife buying you a jp cue... hmmm.... :devilish::devilish::devilish: careful, coz i'm coming for her!!!! haha

nice one, usually wife complaining too many cues in the house!!!

Comment

You married to my Mrs Mike

Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Trip to parris

Well went today and... the missus placed an order for a JP Champion cue, extension, mini butt and cue craft case.

Now to enjoy the 4 month wait (probably about 6 months).

Really interesting seeing the shop with all the pictures, table and cues.

Comment

Working...
                              X